Biology and appearanceEdit
Pelikki were a non-sentient bird species from the planet Naboo. Closely related to ducks, they were characterized by a long bill, a gular pouch, two large feet, and two functional wings. Their plumage could be grayish-green. A pelikki's head, perched atop a long, curved neck, sported eyes and three fleshy growths on the upper parts.
During the Invasion of Naboo by the Trade Federation in 32 BBY, a flock of pelikki lived in an estuary of the Solleu River in the city of Theed, near the Royal Palace. When a Gungan bongo submarine transporting two Jedi bobbed to the surface, causing a loud rush of bubbles, those pelikki panicked and took flight.
Pelikki in the galaxyEdit
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (carving)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (First identified as pelikki)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Alien Archive