The "Huttsplitter" blaster rifle was the hand-crafted personal weapon of Tasu Leech, leader of the criminal gang Kanjiklub. Leech brought it with him while trying to reclaim money owed to him by Han Solo, owner of the Baleen-class heavy freighter Eravana. He then used the weapon to defend himself from rathtars that attacked him and his men onboard Solo's vessel.
The "Huttsplitter" blaster rifle consisted of a hand-crafted blaster body with a grip made from bones belonging to a gundark a vicious species native to the planet Vanqor. Its barrel was equipped with oversized amplifiers that increased the charge of blaster bolts within the barrel. A tusk belonging to a member of the planet Orto Plutonia's narglatch species was converted into a vibro-spike attached to the end of the "Huttsplitter's" barrel.
Tasu Leech, leader of the criminal Kanjiklub organization, carried the "Huttsplitter" as his personal weapon around thirty years after the Battle of Endor. As with all of Kanjiklub's weapons, the "Huttsplitter" was maintained and upgraded by Leech's lieutenant and tech-expert Razoo Qin-Fee. Its name referred to the sentient Hutt species, who had controlled Leech's homeworld of Nar Kanji and enslaved its people before being overthrown in a revolt by the human colonists.
At around this time, Leech brought the blaster rifle with him when boarding the Baleen-class heavy freighter Eravana in order to reclaim a debt of 50000 credits from the vessel's owner Han Solo, who had borrowed it from Kanjiklub in order to capture several rathtars. Onboard, he and his men were attacked by the rathtars and Leech managed to discourage one of the beasts from chasing him by firing upon it with the "Huttsplitter" before fleeing.
Behind the scenesEdit
The "Huttsplitter" blaster rifle was created as a prop for the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, but was first revealed under just the name "Huttsplitter blaster" on November 19, 2015 in a gallery on the website Wired.com displaying a range of props from the upcoming film. It then appeared in the film itself when it was released on December 18 later that year, and was further identified and detailed in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released alongside Episode VII.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens (storybook)
- The Force Awakens, Part II
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as "Huttsplitter" blaster rifle)
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Arsenal of Battle Props. Wired. Archived from the original on July 5, 2017. Retrieved on November 19, 2015. (First identified as Huttsplitter blaster)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Arsenal of Battle Props. Wired. Archived from the original on July 5, 2017. Retrieved on November 19, 2015.