The "snubble special" pistol, also known as just the "snubble", was a black-colored model of double-snub nosed blaster pistol. The blaster had limited ammunition but packed a powerful punch and included a stun setting. The Grindalid Moloch, a lieutenant of the White Worms gang, favored using a "snubble" that was equipped with a scope with built in luma-compensators. He also disabled the stun setting on his pistol to ensure he always used lethal force.
In 13 BBY, Moloch was carrying the pistol when the scrumrat Han was brought before Lady Proxima, leader of the White Worms. The lieutenant used it to threaten Han by pointing it at his head; however, Han escaped with the aid of fellow scrumrat Qi'ra. Moloch gave chase, firing his "snubble" at them from the driver's seat of his A-A4B landspeeder as they raced through the streets of Coronet City.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The "snubble special" pistol was created for the 2018 Anthology film, Solo: A Star Wars Story, and was first identified in the accompanying reference book Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Solo Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 2
- "Flight of the Falcon, Part 4: Lady and the Tramp"—Star Wars Adventures 17 (Appears in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as "snubble special" pistol and "snubble")