The 1.4 FD P-Tower, also known simply as a P-Tower was a light fixed anti-vehicle weapon emplacement manufactured by the Atgar SpaceDefense Corporation. It held enough power to disable an AT-ST, and its rugged dependability meant it could function even in the harshest environments.
The tower functioned by having its single laser cannon fire from the center of the energy dish, which had 16 micropower routers evenly spaced along the edge of eight power conversion cells along the interior. Despite its ability to offer soldiers a 360° field of fire due to a rotating base, along with operational capability in temperatures ranging from -73°C to 49°C, it was inexpensive, quick and easy to produce.
The P-Tower was used throughout the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War on worlds such as Hoth, Tatooine, and Endor. They were notably used by the Rebel Alliance during the Battle of Hoth, though they proved ineffective at penetrating the armor of the All Terrain Armored Transports of the Galactic Empire.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Lost Stars webcomic
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Battle of Hoth"
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Luke vs. Imperial Walkers - Commander on Hoth"
- AT-AT Attack!
- "Tales of Villainy: Invasion of Echo Base"—Star Wars Adventures 1
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as 1.4 FD P-Tower)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 16 (Databank A-Z: E-11 Blaster–Cornelius Evazan) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ The Planets of Star Wars Battlefront. ea.com (November 5, 2015). Archived from the original on November 3, 2017. Retrieved on November 5, 2015.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront