The year 10,000 before the Battle of Yavin (BBY), also known as 26,463 after the Tho Yor Arrival (TYA), 6,347 before the Treaty of Coruscant (BTC), 9,000 before the Ruusan Reformation and 9,965 before the Great ReSynchronization, was a span of time during the Ductavis Era.
- The warlord Vall Kumauri established his empire in the outlying regions of the Galactic Republic. (Approximate date)
- The Gran species began their recorded history. (Approximate date)
- The historian Vicendi compiled a list of the Twenty Wonders of the Galaxy, which was featured in his work Arturum Galactinum, commissioned for the anniversary of the Republic.
- The planet Ryloth was discovered by explorers and joined the Republic. (Approximate date)
- The alloy madilon was discovered. (Approximate date)
- The planet Ord Gimmel is discovered by Republic explorers. (Approximate date)
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds (Indirect mention only)
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy of Intrigue (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Suns of Fortune (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives, p. 84
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species, p. x
- The Essential Atlas, p. 23
- The Essential Atlas, p. 99
- Galaxy of Intrigue, p. 127
- The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas establishes the endpoints of this era as 10,966 BBY and 9000 BBY.
- Tho Yor Arrival, as described in Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0, to the year BTC 32,800 of the calendar based on the date of the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant. Since the difference between that calendar and the Galactic Standard Calendar—based on the date of the Battle of Yavin—was 3,653 years per the reasoning here, the Tho Yor Arrival must have taken place in the year 36,453 BBY of the latter dating system. Therefore, the difference between the Galactic Standard Calendar and the dating system based on the Tho Yor Arrival that is featured in Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void must be 36,453 years. dates the
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places the Treaty of Coruscant, which served as the zero point of a calendar adopted by the Galactic Senate following the conclusion of the Great Galactic War per , in the year 3653 BBY of the Galactic Standard Calendar, which was based around the date of the Battle of Yavin. Thus, the difference between the two dating systems is 3,653 years.
- The New Essential Chronology establishes that the zero point of the calendar introduced by Tarsus Valorum was the Ruusan Reformation. The book places that event in the year of 1000 BBY of the Galactic Standard Calendar—which was based around the date of the Battle of Yavin—therefore establishing a difference of one thousand years between the two dating systems.
- The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar per The New Essential Chronology, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in the year 8 ABY of the Galactic Standard Calendar. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, with the first two months of a GrS year being the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year, and there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems.
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds, p. 119
- Strongholds of Resistance