The 104th Battalion, also known as the "Wolf Pack" Battalion, or the Wolfpack Battalion, was a clone trooper military battalion of the Grand Army of the Republic. The 104th was led by Jedi General Plo Koon and Clone Commander CC-3636, also known by his clone trooper nickname of "Wolffe," throughout the Clone Wars.
- 1 Description
- 2 History
- 2.1 Mission to Quarmendy
- 2.2 Siege of Hisseen
- 2.3 Rising Malevolence
- 2.4 Battle of Khorm
- 2.5 First Battle of Felucia
- 2.6 Discovering a message
- 2.7 Rescue on Vanqor
- 2.8 Citadel rescue
- 2.9 Return to Felucia
- 2.10 Mercy mission on Aleen
- 2.11 Rescuing Adi Gallia
- 2.12 Battle of Kadavo
- 2.13 Investigation on Oba Diah's moon
- 2.14 Legacy
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Sources
- 5 Notes and references
Description[edit | edit source]
Before the end of the Malevolence campaign, clone troopers of 104th Battalion could be distinguished by the maroon markings on their phase I clone trooper armor. After the campaign, clone troopers belonging to 104th Battalion wore distinct dark pink markings on their armor. During the First Battle of Felucia, clone troopers of the battalion had a color scheme of grey-black. The 104th also included the Wolfpack.
The commanding officer of the battalion was Jedi General Plo Koon, and the second-in-command was Clone Commander CC-3636, also known as Wolffe. Members of the battalion include Clone Sergeant Sinker, Clone Corporal Comet, clone troopers Boost and CT-1701, also known as Wildfire, and clone pilots Warthog and Corvis.
History[edit | edit source]
Mission to Quarmendy[edit | edit source]
Early on in the Clone Wars, Koon sent Commander Wolffe and three Wolfpack troopers, Boost, Sergeant Sinker, and Corporal Comet on a mission to the Nexus, a floating city and trading outpost located on the planet Quarmendy, famous for its elaborate defense systems, which was captured by Separatist forces led by Emir Wat Tambor.
Using JT-12 jetpacks and grappling hooks attached to their DC-15A blaster carbines, the squad scaled the wall, while being shot at by the city's defense system and Tambor's D1-series aerial battle droids. The clones were able to reach the top of the wall without suffering a single casualty.
However, when Tambor's forces were breached by their incursion, he destroyed the city as to not allow it to be controlled by the Republic. Before the destruction, the clones were able to rescue a hostage, the city's custodian, Orkle. Despite the loss, Koon showed gratitude to Wolffe for making sure all of them survived and for rescuing Orkle.
Siege of Hisseen[edit | edit source]
Some time later after the Mission to Quarmedy, Wolffe, Koon, and the Wolfpack were sent as part of the Republic's Siege of Hisseen alongside Jedi Generals Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi and their clone commanders, Clone Commander CC-2224, known as Cody, and Clone Captain CT-7567, also known as Rex.
When the Jedi were drawn away from the battle to confront Count Dooku and his Sith apprentice Asajj Ventress, Koon attempted to contact Wolffe, but his communication was obstructed by the mountain range. After Wolffe only heard garbled instructions about the Hisseenian parliament, Koon instead sent coordinates to Boost, and Wolffe deduced that they were being sent to rescue the parliament members. The Wolfpack, along with members of the 212th Attack Battalion, were able to successfully rescue the parliament members.
However, as soon as they arrived back, they were ambushed by Count Dooku's forces, and were about to be taken prisoner, when Jedi Generals Plo Koon, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker arrived, and rescued the clones. The Republic was able to win the Siege of Hisseen.
Rising Malevolence[edit | edit source]
- "We're picking up a large energy reading from the target, sir."
"We're not in range yet, sir."
- ―Wolffe and Plo Koon as the Malevolence attacks their fleet
As numerous Republic fleets were destroyed due to a Subjugator-class heavy cruiser, the Malevolence, Jedi General Plo Koon aboard the Triumphant and his fleet of Venator-class Star Destroyers were sent to hunt down the then-unknown superweapon. The 104th Battalion managed to track the ship to the Abregado system, where they discovered it was, in fact, a Subjugator-class heavy cruiser.
Before the fleet could call for reinforcements, they lost contact with the Republic. Plo Koon ordered Clone Commander Wolffe to open fire at the Malevolence, but Wolffe informed him that they were out of range. However, the Malevolence had already fired its ion cannon which then hit the fleet. With no power, the fleet was now vulnerable to be destroyed, and the Malevolence opened fire with its laser cannons, destroying the entire fleet. Koon ordered his troops to get to the escape pods since their ships had been obliterated.
When the fleet was destroyed, the Malevolence launched a Droch-class boarding ship, also known as a hunter, to go out and finish off the remaining escape pods. At the same time, Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano, searching for survivors, arrived in the freighter Twilight. Meanwhile, the hunter had found Plo Koon's escape pod, and went to take them out. Due to Koon's antiox mask, and the oxygen system built into the clone troopers armor, Koon, Clone Sergeant Sinker, and Boost managed to get out of the escape pod and into space while Wolffe kept the pods signal alive. Plo and his troops fought off the B1-series rocket battle droids that were carried in the hunter and were then rescued by Anakin and Ahsoka. They managed to get away from the Malevolence and reported their discovery to the Jedi Council.
Battle of Khorm[edit | edit source]
Some time later, the 104th Battalions ranks were replenished with new troopers, and the battalion participated in the Battle of Khorm, where they fought alongside Anakin Skywalker. During the fighting, Wolffe was permanently scarred when Asajj Ventress cut his right eye, leaving a long scar across the right side of his face. He later had a silver cybernetic replacement installed. Despite his injury, Wolffe continued to serve and lead his troops.
First Battle of Felucia[edit | edit source]
Following the Battle of Khorm, the Wolfpack and Koon were deployed on the Negotiator, a Venator-class Star Destroyer, to break the Confederacy navy's blockade of the planet Felucia, and participated in the First Battle of Felucia. The Republic forces, led by Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Ahsoka Tano, had been overwhelmed by the droid army, so Koon led a group of Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry gunships and V-19 Torrent starfighters through the blockade in order to rescue Skywalker and his troops, while Wolffe oversaw the space battle against the Separatist battleships and starfighters. Wolffe directed the clone gunners to target and destroy the Confederate Munificent-class star frigates. Meanwhile, Koon and the rest of the Wolfpack extracted Skywalker, Tano, Kenobi and the clone soldiers and brought them to safety aboard the Negotiator. They then returned to Coruscant, having completed the rescue mission.
Discovering a message[edit | edit source]
Rescue on Vanqor[edit | edit source]
- "It's Anakin's droid, R2-D2"
"Well, R2-D2, transmit the message you so obviously need to communicate"
- ―Ahsoka and Plo Koon as R2-D2 arrives in the Jedi Temple War Room to alert them of the situation on Vanquor
When an attempt on the life of Mace Windu by a young Boba Fett failed, the Venator-class star destroyer Endurance was forced to crash over the planet Vanqor. However, R2-D2 managed to escape from Vanqor and came to the Jedi Council and showed them the hologram of Anakin and Windu inside the wrecked Endurance. Plo Koon, Ahsoka Tano, and the Wolfpack were dispatched to the planet to retrieve them. They came down in space gunships to get Anakin and Mace out of the destroyed bridge. While Plo and Ahsoka held the collapsing bridge steady, Wolffe and Comet jumped in and got Mace and Anakin onto the gunship.
Citadel rescue[edit | edit source]
- "I believe you have worn out your welcome!"
- ―Plo Koon saving the rescue team on Lola Sayu.
When it was confirmed to the Jedi that Obi-Wan and Anakin couldn't get off Lola Sayu with Even Piell and his men, Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, Adi Gallia and Kit Fisto went to the prison planet to extract them. They gave Obi-Wan and the rescue team the coordinates to a small island which would act as a evac-zone. As the rescue team made its way to the evac-zone, a fleet of four republic cruisers engaged the Separatist blockade. Master Plo and Commander Wolffe went down with a gunship escorted by Kit Fisto, Adi Gallia and Saesee Tiin in their Jedi starfighters. When the gunship reached the ground, they managed to get all the survivors onto the gunship and got back to the fleet.
Return to Felucia[edit | edit source]
- "Artillery, open fire!""
- ―Plo Koon ordering the AT-TE artillery to fire at the droid base.
During the Second Battle of Felucia the 104th Battlaion, along with the 501st Legion, returned to Felucia to make a night assault on one of General Grievous' outposts in the system. Anakin Skywalker and Clone Captain Rex were leading a diversion on the front gate while Ahsoka Tano, Comet, Sinker and Boost scaled the back-wall. Plo Koon, Wolffe and their team used jetpacks to fly over the side wall and surprise attack the enemy inside. After the battle they realized Ahsoka was missing. The rest of the night they spent searching for her, until the next morning when they left the system.
Mercy mission on Aleen[edit | edit source]
- "Look! Here's how it is: my orders are to deliver supplies and re-establish power and communication systems. Report back to the transport the moment that R2 unit has completed the download."
- ―An impatient Wolffe to C-3PO about the mission on Aleen
Aleen was a planet hit by natural earthquakes which had killed many civilians and left their cities in ruins. The 104th Battalion was dispatched to help them re-build and give them both food and medical supplies. The droid R2-D2 went with them to help reestablish power, and the droid C-3PO went with them to help the clones communicate with the native Aleena. During their mission C-3PO and R2-D2 disappear underground, so Commander Wolffe is unable to communicate with the Aleena without C-3PO to help translate. The two droids discover the source of the earthquakes. The tree-like alien species Kindalo, who live in the subterranean caves beneath the surface of Aleen, had been angered because the surface-dwelling Aleena had dug too deep and disturbed them. The two droids were then able to negotiate with them, and came to the surface in time to regroup with the 104th as they left the planet.
Rescuing Adi Gallia[edit | edit source]
After regrouping with Plo Koon's fleet, the 104th Battalion was deployed to free Adi Gallia from General Grievous's dreadnought following Gallia's capture in the Battle of Patitite Pattuna. Koon and his forces successfully boarded the dreadnought and liberated Gallia, though Grievous fled the battle.
Battle of Kadavo[edit | edit source]
In a mission to rescue enslaved Togruta from the Zygerrian slave traders, Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi and Clone Captain Rex, were captured. Anakin Skywalker and Aksoka Tano launched a rescue at the planet Kadavo, which was where the slaves were being transferred. The Jedi then called for reinforcements. The Jedi arrived in the YV-865 Aurore-class freighter Tecora, and attempted to infiltrate the facility.
The Zygerrian Keeper Argus told them to stop, or the slaves would be killed. The Jedi did not listen to him. At that moment, the reinforcements, a fleet led by Plo Koon and Admiral Barton Coburn arrived at Kadavo, and launched a strike force containing the 104th Battalion, and consisted of LAAT/i gunships and clone Z-95 starfighters. The force attempted to break through, but they could not, on account of the ray shield over the facility.
Anakin, however, was able to destroy the ray shield while Obi-Wan and Rex rebelled and killed Argus. The strike force then successfully extracted Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex, and the slaves, and then destroyed the facility.
Investigation on Oba Diah's moon[edit | edit source]
- "The hull shows substantial scoring and wear. Whenever it crashed, it wasn't recently. General Plo, the scans check out. It's a T-6 shuttle, all right, serial number 775519."
When the Jedi Temple received a distress call from T-6 Jedi shuttle 775519, Koon, Wolffe and the 104th Battalion were sent to the moon of Oba Diah to investigate. The 104th Battalion landed on the surface and discovered the shuttle's crash site. Inside, Koon and Wolffe discovered a lightsaber that had belonged to Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas. Koon ordered the shuttle to be taken back to Coruscant.
Legacy[edit | edit source]
- "Hey, Wolffe. Can you believe it?"
"The wolves! You got your Wolfpack back!"
"Yeah. They fight just like the boys."
- ―Gregor and Wolffe witness the Loth-wolves attacking stormtroopers
The Clone Wars ended shortly after Supreme Chancellor Palpatine revealed himself as Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious and issued Order 66, which forced the clone troopers to turn on and kill their Jedi officers via control chips implanted in their brains. Wolffe had his chip removed at some point, and by 4 BBY, he was living in a converted AT-TE on the planet Seelos with Captain Rex and the former clone commando Gregor, who had also had their chips removed, when the Spectres arrived, having been sent in search of Rex by Ahsoka Tano. Rex left with the Spectres to join the rebellion, but Wolffe and Gregor stayed on Seelos in their new home, Joopa Base. A few years later, the two were recruited to assist in the liberation of the planet Lothal from the Galactic Empire. During the operation, Jedi Padawan Ezra Bridger recruited the assistance of Lothal's native Loth-wolves, creatures with a strong connection to the Force. After Gregor quipped that Wolffe had his "wolfpack" back, Wolffe admitted that the creatures fought much like the "boys" of his old unit.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as 104th Battalion)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as "Wolf Pack" Battalion)
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 33 (Databank A-Z: Admiral Kilian–Kowakian; Helmets: Commander Neyo)
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Tyrants of Lothal
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – ARC-170 Starfighter Expansion Pack (Card: )
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – LAAT/i Gunship Expansion Pack (Card: )
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- Star Wars Adventures: The Clone Wars – Battle Tales 1
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Tyrants of Lothal
- Star Wars Adventures: The Clone Wars – Battle Tales 2
- Star Wars Adventures: The Clone Wars – Battle Tales 3
- Star Wars Adventures: The Clone Wars – Battle Tales 5
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Clone Commander Wolffe (★★★★))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"
- According to Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious, in the year 7973 C.R.C., Ketsu Onyo resigned from the Black Sun. It also dates the Battle of Scarif to 7977 C.R.C., four years after Onyo's resignation. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates Jyn Erso's mission to steal the plans of the first Death Star, which concluded with the Battle of Scarif, to 0 BBY. Therefore, it can be calculated that 7973 C.R.C. is equal to 4 BBY. Since Onyo states in "Blood Sisters" that she currently works for the Black Sun, that episode must occur by 4 BBY. Additionally, Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Siege of Lothal to 4 BBY. Since "The Lost Commanders" occurs after the Siege of Lothal but before the events of "Blood Sisters", it can be concluded that the episode takes place in 4 BBY.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Relics of the Old Republic"
- Star Wars Rebels – "A Fool's Hope"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Family Reunion – and Farewell"