The Aratech 105-K lancer swoop craft were painted white, possessed a black visor-like image on the front, and had a crest like the clone trooper armor of the clones that rode on them. Since the model lacked a safety harness, the impact of a lance against an obstacle could well be expected to unseat the rider. The 105-K could attain speeds of several hundred kilometers per hour and could, at high speeds, climb steep cliffs.
During the Battle of Muunilinst, Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi led a group of lancer troopers to counteract the raids performed by Durge's IG lancer droids. After apparently killing the mercenary, Obi-Wan used his swoop to gain speed and propel himself to the top of the InterGalactic Banking Clan's command center on the planet.
Behind the scenes
1050K lancer bikes first appeared in the Star Wars: Clone Wars animated series, and were identified in the article Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic in Star Wars Insider 84. The lancers were also mentioned in the 2005 reference book The New Essential Chronology.
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 8" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 9"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars: Planetary Forces
- "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84 (First identified as 105-K lancer bike)
- The New Essential Chronology