Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
The following events took place in 124 BBY.
- The Galactic Senate approves legislation declaring the Outer Rim Territories a free-trade zone exempt from taxation and extending the definition of functional constituencies entitled to representation in the Senate to guilds and corporations.
- The Treaty of Trammis is orchestrated by Jedi Master Omo Bouri.
- The Trade Federation is granted Senatorial representation as it becomes a "functional constituency."
Notes and references
- The New Essential Chronology, p. 31
- The Essential Atlas
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 363 ("Great Peace of the Republic") establishes that the Great Peace of the Republic lasted between the Ruusan campaign and the beginning of the Clone Wars, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 1000 BBY and 22 BBY, respectively.
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Book Two—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places the Treaty of Coruscant, which served as the zero point of a calendar adopted by the Galactic Senate following the conclusion of the Great Galactic War per , in 3653 BBY. Thus, the difference between the Treaty of Coruscant–based calendar and the Galactic Standard Calendar, which was based on the date of the Battle of Yavin, is 3653 years.
- The New Essential Chronology establishes that the zero point of the calendar introduced by Tarsus Valorum was the Ruusan Reformation. The book places that event in 1000 BBY, therefore establishing a difference of one thousand years between the Ruusan Reformation–based calendar and the Galactic Standard Calendar, which was based on the date of the Battle of Yavin.
- The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar per The New Essential Chronology, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, with the first two months of a GrS year being the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year, and there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems.
- The Essential Atlas, p. 139
In other languages