Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The First Order Treadspeeders were rugged, shielded patrol speeder bikes which had a design that granted greater traction on unstable terrain. Two of these speeders could be carried aboard an AAL-1971/9.1 Troop Transport. It could also avoid countermeasures that jammed traditional speeders. The treadspeeder bike was designed to catapult First Order jet troopers into the air during First Order operations.
They were piloted by First Order Treadspeeder Drivers, specialized stormtroopers who, in certain instances, were encased in a variant of the First Order stormtrooper armor. Otherwise, the drivers donned the standard stormtrooper armor.
History[edit | edit source]
Two pairs of Treadspeeder pilots and jet troopers, on two separate First Order Treadspeeders, pursued Resistance agents Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, Chewbacca, and droids C-3PO and BB-8 during a mission to Pasaana.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "Ghosts of Kashyyyk, Part 1"—Star Wars Adventures 27
- "Ghosts of Kashyyyk, Part 2"—Star Wars Adventures 28
- Galaxy's Edge 4 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "The First Order vs. The Resistance"
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – The Official Collector's Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as 125-Z treadspeeder bike)
- "Battle Beyond the Stars"—Star Wars Insider 194
- The Art of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker