- "They're the best of the best!"
- ―Wes Janson
Known for its talented pilots, the unit was led by Lieutenant Kasan Moor. Moor and the 128th were so well regarded that both she and the squadron were mentioned as an example of what the best pilots and machines can do in the official Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide. They encountered the Rebel Y-wing and X-wing flight of Rogue Squadron and Gold Squadron on the planet of Gerrard V, where they engaged in a dogfight with them. During the skirmish, Kasan Moor defected to the Rebels.
Behind the scenesEdit
The 128th TIE Interceptor Squadron appears only in the fifth level of the 1998 video game Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, and, ironically, due to a glitch in the game's programming, many of the TIE Interceptors associated with the 128th may end up inadvertently crashing into the surface of Gerrard V, despite being considered "the best of the best".
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Scum & Villainy (Card: 128th Squadron TIE Interceptor)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 21 (SKY10, Luke Skywalker)
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide