- "There are too many of them."
"That won't be a problem."
- ―Quarsh Panaka and Qui-Gon Jinn, after noticing 1933 and the other battle droids in the hangar.
1933 was a B1-series battle droid who served in the Droid Army of the Trade Federation during their invasion of the planet Naboo. In 32 BBY, after the Federation captured the capital city Theed, 1933 was positioned in the Theed Hangar under the command of OOM command battle droid 2163. While guarding the Naboo Royal Starship and holding members of the Royal Naboo Security Forces captive, the battle droid was destroyed by Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, ultimately allowing the Jedi to board the starship and escape the planet with Queen Padmé Amidala and her entourage.
- "We must accelerate our plans. Begin landing your troops."
- ―Darth Sidious, ordering Nute Gunray to invade Naboo
A B1-series battle droid, 1933 served in the droid army of the Trade Federation. In 32 BBY, the battle droid was utilized in the Federation's invasion of the planet Naboo, deployed to its surface by the corporation's Viceroy, Nute Gunray, as part of its droid army. After the Federation gained control over the capital city Theed, 1933 and multiple other B1 battle droids under the command of OOM command battle droid 2163 were stationed in the Theed Hangar, where they guarded the Naboo Royal Starship.
The B1 battle droids droids stationed in the hangar also guarded several members of the Royal Naboo Security Forces, including pilots from the Space Fighter Corps, who were placed in a group on the ground and were surrounded by the droids. While the Federation held the pilots in custody, 1933 stood alongside 2163 and three other B1 units, including 7169, by the boarding ramp to the starship. As they guarded the starship, however, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, entered and led Queen Padmé Amidala of Naboo and her entourage, including her handmaidens, Captain Quarsh Panaka, the Gungan outcast Jar Jar Binks, and several Palace Guards, into the hangar.
Beheaded by a Jedi
- "Where are you taking them?"
"Coruscant? Uh, that doesn't compute. Uh, wait, uh, you're under arrest!"
- ―2163 and Qui-Gon Jinn, after the latter is halted in front of the droids
Jinn steadily approached 1933 and the other droids, causing a brief moment of uncertainty between the battle droids as the Jedi moved into their positions. While Jinn approached the droids, 2163 ordered the Jedi Master to halt. Upon being stopped, Jinn explained to the droid his role as an ambassador of Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum of the Galactic Republic and his intention of transporting the queen and her entourage to the Republic capital planet Coruscant. Unable to understand the answer, 2163 ordered the arrest of Jinn and his allies.
Before the droids were able to execute their orders and raise their blasters, however, Jinn activated his lightsaber and bisected 2163 in one swing, beheading 1933 in the process. While the remaining battle droids were destroyed, Kenobi freed the captive pilots and security force members. Afterward, the Jedi, the queen, and their allies proceeded to board the Royal Starship, which they used to escape the occupied city and planet.
As a B1-series droid, 1933 was armed with an E-5 blaster rifle as well as a comlink booster pack attached to its back. The comlink booster pack was imprinted with the droid's designation, written in Trade Federation Script.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Phantom Menace (Picture only)
- The Prequel Trilogy Stories (Picture only)
- The Prequel Trilogy Read-Along Storybook and CD Collection (Picture only)
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Wreckage only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, which includes 1933's destruction on Naboo, to 32 BBY.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- B1-series battle droids were 1.93 meters in height, while Star Wars Jedi Master Magazine 1 states that they weighed 65 kilograms. establishes that all
- "The Naboo Crisis" – Star Wars Encyclopedia