The 1st Sector Army was one of twenty Sector Armies in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. The army served as a reserve command along with the subsequent Sector Armies up to the 6th Sector Army. Like all other Sector Armies in the Galactic Republic, the 1st Sector Army had one of the Republic's twenty Haven-class medical stations towed to them. At the start of the Clone Wars, the Grand Army was organized into ten Systems Armies, with each being split into two Sector Armies and drawn from a specific area of the galaxy. The Sector Armies were responsible for the defense of their specific areas.
As such, the 1st Sector Army belonged to the same Systems Army as another. Being a Sector Army, the unit contained 147,456 clone troopers who were divided into four corps. Corresponding to the other Sector Armies, it was attached to one of the twenty numbered fleets of the Republic Navy.
Behind the scenes
The 1st Sector Army was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the eighteenth issue of the De Agostini magazine Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon, published in 2015. The 1st Sector Army was introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity via the 2003 Star Wars Roleplaying Game sourcebook Coruscant and the Core Worlds by Wizards of the Coast as the Azure Hammer Command, later identified as the First Army in the 2012 reference book The Essential Guide to Warfare by Jason Fry and Paul R. Urquhart.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 18 (Guide to the Galaxy: Sectors of the Galaxy) (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 18 (Guide to the Galaxy: Sectors of the Galaxy)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations establishes that a Sector Army of the Galactic Republic contained 147,456 clone troopers and was composed of four corps.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 89 (Starship Fact File: Space Station) establishes that each of the twenty Haven-class medical stations were towed to a Sector Army, which Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 18 (Guide to the Galaxy: Sectors of the Galaxy) also establishes numbered twenty.
- Rise of the Separatists
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Essential Guide to Warfare