- "The big targets are ours."
- ―Anonymous 2-M unit commander
The 2-M Saber-class repulsor tank, or simply 2-M repulsor tank, was a ground-based fighter tank produced by Rothana Heavy Engineering and used by the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War to combat Rebel armor and infantry.
Like the earlier TX-130S and TX-130T tank models, the 2-M tank was outfitted with deflector shields and a repulsorlift drive often augmented by the additional power boosters carried onboard as backup to the main repulsorlift battery. It was armed with a powerful rotating medium laser cannon, an anti-infantry cannon, and dual missile launchers.
Based on the design of the TX-130T fighter tank, itself an upgraded version of the TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank, the 2-M was designed to counteract Rebel deployment of the T2-B repulsor tank. Initial field tests proved the 2-M was superior to that earlier model.
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Expansion: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Forged in Battle