The following events took place in approximately 2000 BBY.
- Jedi Master Phanius fell to the dark side, became Darth Ruin, and founded the New Sith Empire.
- Fourth Great Schism and the beginning of the New Sith Wars
- Human colonists settled Naboo's moon Rori.
- Darth Phobos's cult vanishes, and is presumably destroyed.
- A group of investors purchases the uninhabited planet of Fresia.
- Bimmisaari and Hargeeva were colonized.
- Wen'he'dinae was discovered by the Republic and the Cha'wen'he joined galactic civilization.
- The Shell Hutts colonized the planetoid Circumtore.
- The Republic Army was dissolved.
Battles of the New Sith Wars ensued.
- The Essential Chronology
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Heritage of the Sith"—Star Wars Insider 88
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Indirect mention only)
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia and The Essential Atlas establishes the endpoints of the two bordering eras as 3950 BBY and 2000 BBY.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas establishes the endpoints of this era as 2000 BBY and 1000 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Book Two—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 110 ("Rori")
- ↑ Coruscant and the Core Worlds, p. 95
- ↑ Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
In other languages
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.