The following events took place in 200 BBY.
- The star Carosi dies, destroying the innermost five planets in the Carosus system.
- Yperio Baobab creates Bab-Prime, precursor to Bab-Neo and modern-day droidspeak.
- Memory wipes become common droid maintenance following a personality virus unleashed by a member of the Baobab Merchant Fleet.
- The Tiercam Dam is built on Duro.
- Dressel is discovered by Bothan scouts of the Clan Askar.
- The Jedi noticed that the Force had begun to "flux", and feared that the dark side was growing again.
- The Tagge Company is founded when crime lord Tarzen Tagge uses his fleet of freighters to provide aid to a part of Tepasi devastated by a series of groundquakes.
- Several Mandalorian warrior clans defeated the Ithullans in a war over a narcolethe distillery, after which the victors proceeded to nearly exterminate the Ithullan species.
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 18 (CHE1, Chewbacca)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Suns of Fortune
Notes and references
- Galaxy of Intrigue, p. 120
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 363 ("Great Peace of the Republic") establishes that the Great Peace of the Republic lasted between the Ruusan campaign and the beginning of the Clone Wars, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 1000 BBY and 22 BBY, respectively.
- Tho Yor Arrival, as described in Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0, to the year BTC 32,800 of the calendar based on the date of the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant. Since the difference between that calendar and the Galactic Standard Calendar—based on the date of the Battle of Yavin—was 3,653 years per the reasoning here, the Tho Yor Arrival must have taken place in the year 36,453 BBY of the latter dating system. Therefore, the difference between the Galactic Standard Calendar and the dating system based on the Tho Yor Arrival that is featured in Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void must be 36,453 years. dates the
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places the Treaty of Coruscant, which served as the zero point of a calendar adopted by the Galactic Senate following the conclusion of the Great Galactic War per , in the year 3653 BBY of the Galactic Standard Calendar, which was based around the date of the Battle of Yavin. Thus, the difference between the two dating systems is 3,653 years.
- The New Essential Chronology establishes that the zero point of the calendar introduced by Tarsus Valorum was the Ruusan Reformation. The book places that event in the year of 1000 BBY of the Galactic Standard Calendar—which was based around the date of the Battle of Yavin—therefore establishing a difference of one thousand years between the two dating systems.
- The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar per The New Essential Chronology, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in the year 8 ABY of the Galactic Standard Calendar. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, with the first two months of a GrS year being the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year, and there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems.
- The New Essential Chronology, p. 31
- Labyrinth of Evil, Chapter 22
- The New Essential Chronology, p. 30
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide