2296 was the designation of an OOM-series security droid that served in the Trade Federation's Droid Army. In 32 BBY, it was stationed on board the modified Lucrehulk-class LH-3210 cargo freighter Saak'ak while the starship was part of the blockade of the planet Naboo. During the blockade, 2296 was in the freighter's hangar when the Consular-class cruiser Radiant VII arrived carrying a pair of Jedi ambassadors from the Galactic Republic.
2296 was an OOM-series security droid manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata for the Trade Federation. It served as a battle droid in the Trade Federation Droid Army and was stationed on board the modified Lucrehulk-class LH-3210 cargo freighter Saak'ak. In 32 BBY, it was on board the Saak'ak when the starship formed part of a blockade of the planet Naboo over a trade dispute.
In order to settle the dispute, the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi were sent by the Galactic Republic to negotiate with the Trade Federation and arrived on the Saak'ak in the Consular-class cruiser Radiant VII. As the cruiser entered the freighter's hangar, 2296 was stood in the hangar with fellow security droid 2391, and the pair turned to watch the ship land. Not long after its arrival, the Radiant VII was destroyed by a ceiling turret in the hangar. The Trade Federation then began deploying its forces to Naboo in order to take control of the planet.
Like all OOM-series battle droids, 2296 stood 1.91 meters tall and had black sensors and tan plating with red markings to denote its role as a security specialist. 2296's designation was written on its back in Trade Federation Script.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded states that OOM-series battle droids are manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata and stand 1.91 meters tall. As 2296 is an OOM-series battle droid this characteristics must also apply to it.
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition establishes that OOM-series security droids are part of the OOM-series battle droid line. As Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace shows 2296 to be a security battle droid, it must be a OOM-series battle droid.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition