2391 was the designation of an OOM-series battle droid that served in the Trade Federation's Droid Army as security battle droid. In 32 BBY, it was stationed on board the modified Lucrehulk-class LH-3210 cargo freighter Saak'ak while the starship was part of the blockade of the planet Naboo. During the blockade, 2391 was in the freighter's hangar when the Consular-class cruiser Radiant VII arrived carrying a pair of Jedi ambassadors from the Galactic Republic.
2391 was an OOM-series battle droid manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata for the Trade Federation. It served as a security battle droid in the Trade Federation Droid Army and was stationed on board the modified Lucrehulk-class LH-3210 cargo freighter Saak'ak. In 32 BBY, it was on board the Saak'ak when the starship formed part of a blockade of the planet Naboo over a trade dispute.
In order to settle the dispute, the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi were sent by the Galactic Republic to negotiate with the Trade Federation and arrived on the Saak'ak in the Consular-class cruiser Radiant VII. As the cruiser entered the freighter's hangar, 2391 was stood in the hangar with fellow security droid 2296, and the pair turned to watch the ship land. Not long after its arrival, the Radiant VII was destroyed by a ceiling turret in the hangar. The Trade Federation then began deploying its forces to Naboo in order to take control of the planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded states that OOM-series battle droids are manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata and stand 1.91 meters tall. As 2391 is an OOM-series battle droid this characteristics must also apply to it.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that all battle droids are Fourth class droids, meaning that as an OOM-series battle droid, 2391 must be a fourth class droid.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition