In 33 ABY, Admiral Ackbar of the Resistance was captured by the First Order. Afraid that Ackbar would be executed, the Resistance made a team of fighters led by Captain Hoff who were to figure out where Ackbar was being held. The team, at some point captured a First Order droid named O-MR1, who they believed knew the location of Ackbar. On the way back to the Resistance base, the team's ship crashed on Taul and the only survivors of the crash were 2MED2, O-MR1, the protocol droid C-3PO, the construction droid CO-34 and the two security droids PZ-99 and VL-44.
The group of droids decided to work together to get home. A small amount of time later, the droids picked up a signal from a First Order vessel. On their way to the vessel, the droids were attacked by spice spiders. PZ-99 sacrificed himself to give the others time to escape, by drawing the spiders to him. Not much later, the remaining droids were attacked by can-cell. 2MED2 was destroyed in the attack, along with CO-34 and VL-44.
- Star Wars Special: C-3PO 1: The Phantom Limb (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (First identified as 2MED2)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars Special: C-3PO 1: The Phantom Limb
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ In the one-shot comic book Star Wars Special: C-3PO 1: The Phantom Limb, it is established that medical droids belong to class one, i.e. the first degree.
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded