The 2nd Airborne Company was a division of the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars that consisted of clone paratroopers. The 2nd Airborne was subordinate to the 212th Attack Battalion of the 7th Sky Corps of the Third Systems Army led by Clone marshal commander Cody and High Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi.
In 21 BBY, the 2nd Airborne Company was transported to Mirial aboard the Core Conveyor accompanied by the Republic Commandos of Omega Squad-who were bound for Gaftikar. The 2nd Airborne troops showed a dislike to the commandos, because of their Mandalorian training, as the 2nd Airborne had previously fought against Mandalorians, resulting in a number of casualties among the clones. Since the standard-issued clones were far less immersed in the Mandalorian culture, and also indoctrinated to be absolutely loyal to the Galactic Republic without question, they disliked the clone commandos for blatantly putting their Mandalorian heritage above their loyalty to the Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Imperial Commando: 501st (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Republic Commando: True Colors
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 121 ("2nd Airborne Company")
- ↑ Republic Commando: True Colors places the interaction between Barlex and Omega Squad 470 days after the First Battle of Geonosis, which takes place after the start of 22 BBY, according to The New Essential Chronology. Given that The Essential Atlas defines a galactic standard year as 368 days, the events must therefore occur in 21 BBY.