Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
- "Our time has come. For 300 years, we prepared. We grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe... and protected. You were trusted to lead the Republic—but you were deceived, as our powers over the dark side have blinded you. You assumed no force could challenge you...and now...finally...we have returned."
- ―Darth Malgus during the invasion of the Jedi Temple
The following events took place in 3653 BBY.
- Republic and Imperial delegates meet for an peace conference on the planet Alderaan.
- A Sith strike team under the command of Darth Malgus and Lord Adraas attack and destroy the Jedi Temple, disabling Coruscant's defense grid.
- The Sith Lord Darth Angral leads an Imperial armada in attacking and conquering Republic capital in what would become known as the Sacking of Coruscant.
- Faced with an Imperial occupation of the capital, the Republic delegation is forced to sign the Treaty of Coruscant and end the Great Galactic War, retreating from many battlefields and ceding the Empire important systems.
- The Cold War begins as the two galactic powers begin to rebuild.
- A flock of xuvvas latch onto a subterranean power conduit near the city of Jiguuna on Nal Hutta, and the creatures sap enough power to black out half of Jiguuna.
- "You were deceived. And now, your Republic shall fall."
- ―Darth Malgus
- Sacking of Coruscant
- Skirmish in the Ancient Crystal Cave
- Skirmish in the Yinta Lake spaceport
- Duel in the ruins of the Jedi Temple
- Battle of Dantooine
- On Alderaan
- On Balmorra
- On Coruscant
- On Dantooine
- On Korriban
- Captain Sivill
- On Nar Shaddaa
- On Geonosis
- The Old Republic: Deceived
- The Old Republic: Deceived audiobook
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only) (Events only)
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia and The Essential Atlas establishes the endpoints of the two bordering eras as 3950 BBY and 2000 BBY.
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Book Two—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia's timeline states that the Treaty of Coruscant, which is the basis for the ATC/BTC calendar, occurred in 3653 BBY according to the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin. Thus, the difference between the two calendars is 3653 years, and the ATC/BTC dates are derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from this reference explanation.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "Xuvva"
In other languages