Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer Dropped - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- "Our time has come. For 300 years, we prepared. We grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe... and protected. You were trusted to lead the Republic—but you were deceived, as our powers over the dark side have blinded you. You assumed no force could challenge you...and now...finally...we have returned."
- ―Darth Malgus during the invasion of the Jedi Temple
The following events took place in 3653 BBY.
- Republic and Imperial delegates meet for an peace conference on the planet Alderaan.
- A Sith strike team under the command of Darth Malgus and Lord Adraas attack and destroy the Jedi Temple, disabling Coruscant's defense grid.
- The Sith Lord Darth Angral leads an Imperial armada in attacking and conquering Republic capital in what would become known as the Sacking of Coruscant.
- Faced with an Imperial occupation of the capital, the Republic delegation is forced to sign the Treaty of Coruscant and end the Great Galactic War, retreating from many battlefields and ceding the Empire important systems.
- The Cold War begins as the two galactic powers begin to rebuild.
- A flock of xuvvas latch onto a subterranean power conduit near the city of Jiguuna on Nal Hutta, and the creatures sap enough power to black out half of Jiguuna.
- "You were deceived. And now, your Republic shall fall."
- ―Darth Malgus
- Sacking of Coruscant
- Skirmish in the Ancient Crystal Cave
- Skirmish in the Yinta Lake spaceport
- Duel in the ruins of the Jedi Temple
- Battle of Dantooine
- On Alderaan
- On Balmorra
- On Coruscant
- On Dantooine
- On Korriban
- Captain Sivill
- On Nar Shaddaa
- On Geonosis
- The Old Republic: Deceived
- The Old Republic: Deceived audiobook
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only) (Events only)
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 407 ("Old Sith Wars") establishes that the Old Sith Wars included the Jedi Civil War, which ended in 3956 BBY per The Essential Atlas, and The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. xii ("A Timeline of Galactic Events") dates the beginning of the New Sith Wars to 2000 BBY.
- Tho Yor Arrival, as described in Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0, to the year BTC 32,800 of the calendar based on the date of the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant. Since the difference between that calendar and the Galactic Standard Calendar—based on the date of the Battle of Yavin—was 3,653 years per the reasoning here, the Tho Yor Arrival must have taken place in the year 36,453 BBY of the latter dating system. Therefore, the difference between the Galactic Standard Calendar and the dating system based on the Tho Yor Arrival that is featured in Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void must be 36,453 years. dates the
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places the Treaty of Coruscant, which served as the zero point of a calendar adopted by the Galactic Senate following the conclusion of the Great Galactic War per , in the year 3653 BBY of the Galactic Standard Calendar, which was based around the date of the Battle of Yavin. Thus, the difference between the two dating systems is 3,653 years.
- The New Essential Chronology establishes that the zero point of the calendar introduced by Tarsus Valorum was the Ruusan Reformation. The book places that event in the year of 1000 BBY of the Galactic Standard Calendar—which was based around the date of the Battle of Yavin—therefore establishing a difference of one thousand years between the two dating systems.
- The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar per The New Essential Chronology, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in the year 8 ABY of the Galactic Standard Calendar. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, with the first two months of a GrS year being the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year, and there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "Xuvva"
In other languages