The following events took place in 3683 BBY.
Events[edit | edit source]
- Jace Malcom joins the Republic Military as an Army officer. (Approximate date)
- The Sith Lord Parnax disappears and is assumed dead.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned) (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia and The Essential Atlas establishes the endpoints of the two bordering eras as 3950 BBY and 2000 BBY.
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Book Two—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Republic Mission: "Bonus Series" on Alderaan
- During the Alderaan Bonus Series mission, Malcom states to the player character that the has "[f]orty years of soldiering" as experience. According to this forum post from The Old Republic's lead writer, Daniel Erickson, the game takes place approximately ten years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, placing Malcom's comments in approximately 3643 BBY. Simple math shows he therefore began his military career around 3683 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Lord Parnax's Lost Recordings"
In other languages
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.