3743 BBY, or 3743 Before the Battle of Yavin, was a year of the Galactic Standard Calendar. It fell within the period of time between the end of the Old Sith Wars in 3956 BBY and the beginning of the New Sith Wars in 2000 BBY.
In 3743 BBY, the hunter Riegenn Hetuu was commissioned by a Hutt client to capture a live k'lor'slug queen for a gala celebration. Although Hetuu was successful in capturing the queen and containing her in the cargo bay of his starship, he did not account for the queen's ability to reproduce, and when the cargo bay was accessed upon the hunter's meeting with the client on the planet Nal Hutta, approximately four hundred newly-hatched k'lor'slugs were released, killing and consuming both Hetuu and the Hutt. The Hutt's death wails were enshrined in the phrase "a Hutt's cry," which was used to describe the cries of newly-hatched k'lor'slugs. The phrase would still be in use a century later.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "K'lor'slug" (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "K'lor'slug"
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 407 ("Old Sith Wars") establishes that the Old Sith Wars included the Jedi Civil War, which ended in 3956 BBY per The Essential Atlas, and The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. xii ("A Timeline of Galactic Events") dates the beginning of the New Sith Wars to 2000 BBY.
- Tho Yor Arrival, as described in Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0, to the year BTC 32,800 of the calendar based on the date of the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant. Since the difference between that calendar and the Galactic Standard Calendar—based on the date of the Battle of Yavin—was 3,653 years per the reasoning here, the Tho Yor Arrival must have taken place in the year 36,453 BBY of the latter dating system. Therefore, the difference between the Galactic Standard Calendar and the dating system based on the Tho Yor Arrival that is featured in Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void must be 36,453 years. dates the
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places the Treaty of Coruscant, which served as the zero point of a calendar adopted by the Galactic Senate following the conclusion of the Great Galactic War per , in the year 3653 BBY of the Galactic Standard Calendar, which was based around the date of the Battle of Yavin. Thus, the difference between the two dating systems is 3,653 years.
- The New Essential Chronology establishes that the zero point of the calendar introduced by Tarsus Valorum was the Ruusan Reformation. The book places that event in the year of 1000 BBY of the Galactic Standard Calendar—which was based around the date of the Battle of Yavin—therefore establishing a difference of one thousand years between the two dating systems.
- The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar per The New Essential Chronology, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in the year 8 ABY of the Galactic Standard Calendar. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, with the first two months of a GrS year being the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year, and there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems.
- The Prologue of Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place in 3643 BBY per the reasoning here. As Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "K'lor'slug" is acquired during the Prologue on Korriban and states that Riegenn Hetuu and his client's death on Nal Hutta occurred a century ago, they must have died in what corresponds per The New Essential Chronology to the year 3743 BBY, or 3743 Before the Battle of Yavin.
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "Hutta"