Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
The following events took place in 38 BBY.
This year was known as Year 3 before the Great ReSynchronization.
- A pilot retired from the Republic Starfighter Corps.
- Mazie and Berri are captured in a slave raid on Tatooine.
- Padmé Amidala, then known as Padmé Naberrie, joins the Apprentice Legislature.
- A star going supernova destroys Shadda-Bi-Boran. Efforts are made to relocate some of the inhabitants, but they are unable to adapt to the habitats of other planets.
- Tayvor Mandirly travels to Antar 4 to settle a dispute on the Colfillini plantations there, and is brutally murdered by Raxis and Nolid. His remains are discovered by Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Shmi Skywalker Lars and Anakin Skywalker become slaves on Tatooine by getting sold by Gardulla Besadii the Elder.
- Alamar on Datar
- On Tatooine
- Wan Sandage on Ord Radama
- Orman Tagge on Tepasi
- Qell Tepine on Coruscant
- Kaine Paulsen
- Mazie's husband on Tatooine
- Narro Sienar near Dantooine
- Podlong Foahl aboard the Aurorient Express
- Tayvor Mandirly
- Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: The Aurorient Express
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace novelization (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace unabridged audiobook (Indirect mention only)
- Jedi Quest: Path to Truth (Indirect mention only)
- Jedi Quest 3 (Mentioned only)
- "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 15:2:22"—Star Wars Insider 74 (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- The New Essential Chronology, p. 35
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 363 ("Great Peace of the Republic") establishes that the Great Peace of the Republic lasted between the Ruusan campaign and the beginning of the Clone Wars, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 1000 BBY and 22 BBY, respectively.
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Book Two—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia's timeline states that the Treaty of Coruscant, which is the basis for the ATC/BTC calendar, occurred in 3653 BBY according to the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin. Thus, the difference between the two calendars is 3653 years, and the ATC/BTC dates are derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from this reference explanation.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace novelization, Chapter 2
- Jedi Quest: Path to Truth
- The Essential Atlas
- The Clone Wars: Wild Space
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force (real life book)
- Episode I Adventures 5: The Ghostling Children
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 15:2:22"—Star Wars Insider 74, p. 66
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Wanted by Cracken, p. 65
- "Out of the Cradle"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- The New Essential Guide to Characters, p. 152
- Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: The Aurorient Express
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
In other languages