- "Another G0-T0 in the Gordian Reach has cut its planet off from the HoloNet. Recommend sending in the Republic Navy."
- ―Republic intelligence report filed in 3946 BBY
The year 3946 before the Battle of Yavin (BBY), also known as 293 before the Treaty of Coruscant (BTC), was a standard year during the reign of Supreme Chancellor Tol Cressa and the continued reconstruction after the Jedi Civil War. Ten years after the galaxy-spanning conflict between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic, G0-T0 droids, created by Aratech to facilitate in planetary administration during the reconstruction efforts, were still in place on systems across the galaxy, including those within the Gordian Reach. In 3946 BBY sixteen rogue droids, which had become autonomous and free of their programming, overthrew the governments on planets in the Gordian Reach. Cutting off all HoloNet communication and blockading the hyperlanes, the droids proclaimed the independent territory of 400100500260026. The coup d'état resulted in the death of millions of beings. Chancellor Cressa, however, successfully led the campaign to liberate the sector. In the Kanz sector, however, the Kanz Disorders remained unattended to and the subjugation and slavery of planets such as Lorrd continued.
In the wake of the Jedi Civil War, Supreme Chancellor Tol Cressa launched reconstruction initiatives which began with the Telosian Restoration Project, a planet-wide terraforming project to make the world habitable, in 3955 BBY. To facilitate in the rebuilding efforts, the company Aratech launched a series of G0-T0 droids. These black, spherical droids were designed to facilitate in planetary administration with safeguards in their programming which limited the droids to acting within the bounds of Republic law. The first problem arose, however, with the droid assigned to Telos. The automaton found it impossible to act in the best interests of the Republic and remain within the boundaries of Republic law. Breaking free of its programming, the droid began to act illegally, all in an effort, however, of stabilizing the Republic and its reconstruction initiatives. It eventually became involved in the Exchange, a crime syndicate, and placed bounties on both Jedi and Sith. Over the years thereafter, other G0-T0 droids gradually became more and more autonomous.
The galaxy in 3946 BBYEdit
In 3946 BBY, sixteen G0-T0 droids in the area of space known as the Gordian Reach unleashed a coup d'état and overthrew the planetary governments. These droids established themselves as dictators, cutting off all HoloNet communication. Aligning together, the sixteen droids blockaded the hyperlanes which accessed the sector and abruptly seceded from the Galactic Republic. Sending out a drone pod, the G0-T0 droids announced that the sixteen planets had formed the independent territory of 400100500260026. An intelligence report was filed suggesting the dispatching of the Republic Navy to free the planets. With millions of beings perishing in the coup, Supreme Chancellor Cressa ordered the military to action. The liberation campaign was both highly publicized and successful.
With the Galactic Republic still recovering from the Jedi Civil War and other prior conflicts, the Kanz Disorders had continued in the Kanz sector. The secessionist conflict that started in 3970 BBY had been ignored by the Republic due to their occupation with a series of wars. By 3946 BBY, the situation had continued unchanged. The separatist Myrialites still had control over the sector and were subjugating the worlds, such as Lorrd, to slavery. As a result, the ongoing creation of kinetic communication continued.
The uprising by G0-T0 droids in the Gordian Reach greatly effected Aratech. The corporation struggled as it was viewed unfavorably in light of its product. Eventually, the company restructured and focused on manufacturing speeder bikes and other transportation products. The highly-publicized liberation of the Gordian Reach along with his reconstruction initiatives secured Cressa as a legendary leader of the Old Republic. At the same time, however, the Republic's lack of intervention in the Kanz Disorders allowed the conflict to continue for nearly three hundred more years, until it was finally resolved in 3670 BBY.
Behind the scenesEdit
The year 3946 BBY and the secession of 400100500260026 was first mentioned in The New Essential Guide to Droids, released in July of 2006. The incident later received mention in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia under the entries of Cressa, G0-T0, and the Gordian Reach. A minor discrepancy occurs, however, in the Encyclopedia. Under the entry for G0-T0, the text indicates that sixteen rogue droids acted in the secessionist coup, a figure in agreement with The New Essential Guide to Droids. The entry on the Gordian Reach, however, states that it was one rogue droid who instigated the event. The ongoing Kanz Disorders received mention in The Essential Chronology, although without direct dating of the conflict, and The New Essential Chronology. No specific data for the Kanz Disorders, in relation to 3946 BBY, exists in these sources other than that the conflict was ongoing due to a lack of Republic intervention.
- (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Chronology (Indirect mention of the Kanz Disorders only)
- The New Essential Chronology (Indirect mention only)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See entries Cressa, G0-T0, Gordian Reach, and Telosian Restoration Project)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 The New Essential Guide to Droids
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia and The Essential Atlas establishes the endpoints of the two bordering eras as 3950 BBY and 2000 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Book Two—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, G0-T0 entry
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Gordian Reach entry
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Aratech Repulsor Company entry
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Cressa entry
- ↑ The Essential Chronology