The year 3962 before the Battle of Yavin (BBY), also known as 309 before the Treaty of Coruscant, 2,962 before the Ruusan Reformation and 3,927 before the Great ReSynchronization, was a standard year during the Mandalorian Wars.
During the year 3962 BBY, the Mandalorians advanced from their empire carved out in the Outer Rim Territories towards the inner galactic regions. With a two-pronged assault called Mandalorian Triumph, they fought their way to the Core Worlds, taking a number of planets before achieving their goal of conquering Duro.
- Mandalorian Triumph
- Battle of Essien
- Battle of Halthor
- Raid on Dantooine
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: War (First appearance)
- The Essential Atlas (First mentioned)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Suns of Fortune (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia states that the Old Sith Wars span from the beginning of the Great Sith War and the Sith Civil War.
- Tho Yor Arrival, as described in Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0, to the year BTC 32,800 of the calendar based on the date of the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant. Since the difference between that calendar and the Galactic Standard Calendar—based on the date of the Battle of Yavin—was 3,653 years per the reasoning here, the Tho Yor Arrival must have taken place in the year 36,453 BBY of the latter dating system. Therefore, the difference between the Galactic Standard Calendar and the dating system based on the Tho Yor Arrival that is featured in Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void must be 36,453 years. dates the
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places the Treaty of Coruscant, which served as the zero point of a calendar adopted by the Galactic Senate following the conclusion of the Great Galactic War per , in the year 3653 BBY of the Galactic Standard Calendar, which was based around the date of the Battle of Yavin. Thus, the difference between the two dating systems is 3,653 years.
- The New Essential Chronology establishes that the zero point of the calendar introduced by Tarsus Valorum was the Ruusan Reformation. The book places that event in the year of 1000 BBY of the Galactic Standard Calendar—which was based around the date of the Battle of Yavin—therefore establishing a difference of one thousand years between the two dating systems.
- The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar per The New Essential Chronology, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in the year 8 ABY of the Galactic Standard Calendar. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, with the first two months of a GrS year being the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year, and there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems.
- Knights of the Old Republic: War 1
- Knights of the Old Republic: War 2
- Knights of the Old Republic: War 5