- "The Dark Lords of the Sith have risen again. Together, we will bring down the galaxy."
- ―Exar Kun to Ulic Qel-Droma
The following events took place in 3997 BBY.
Events[edit | edit source]
- "Exar Kun, because of you, the Sith will never die. You have earned the right to bear the mark of Dark Lord of the Sith."
- ―Marka Ragnos, appointing Exar Kun as Dark Lord
- The Keto cousins stage a military and political coup in the Empress Teta system, seizing control of the system from their parents as they establish the Sith cult known as the Krath. The coup begins the Krath Holy Crusade.
- A Republic and Jedi task force comes to the aid of the planet Empress Teta, which has managed to hold off the Krath, but the Sith cult drives the Republic out of the system at the Battle of Koros Major. Ulic Qel-Droma is infected by Aleema Keto's Sith magic during an attack on the Republic's command ship Reliance I, and he unknowingly begins to slip towards the dark side.
- The Jedi Conclave on Deneba is disrupted by Krath war droids, and the servant droids at the conclave attack the Jedi at the event. The Jedi destroy their attackers, but Arca Jeth is killed by Krath droids in the battle.
- Ulic Qel-Droma attempts to infiltrate the Krath from within, but is seduced to the dark side by Aleema Keto. Qel-Droma kills Satal and becomes the Krath's leader alongside Aleema, and a Jedi rescue mission fails when Qel-Droma refuses to depart.
- Around the same time, The power-hungry Jedi Exar Kun searches for Sith teachings and discovers the spirit of Freedon Nadd on Onderon's moon Dxun, where he is trained in the ways of the dark side before heading to Yavin 4 to acquire more power. Kun ultimately kills Nadd's spirit and seeks out Ulic Qel-Droma to eliminate a potential rival.
- Nomi Sunrider organizes a second rescue mission at the same time that Kun arrives on Empress Teta, and Kun and Qel-Droma clash in a duel. However, the duel is ended by the spirit of Marka Ragnos, who anoints Kun and Qel-Droma as Dark Lords of the Sith as well as Master and apprentice. Joining forces with Kun, Qel-Droma refuses Sunrider's attempt a rescue, and the two Sith form the Brotherhood of the Sith.
Battles[edit | edit source]
- "There's only one way to deal with Arca's killer!"
"Careful, Jedi. Didn't your Master tell you that anger is not the way?!"
- ―Ulic Qel-Droma and Satal Keto, as they duel
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- "Oh, father, stop all that noise."
"He always was such a windbag, Satal."
"Not for much longer, Aleema. Lower him into the carbonite!"
- ―Satal and Aleema Keto
- Arca Jeth in the Battle of Deneba
- Satal Keto in the Second Battle of Empress Teta
- Vara Nreem on Krayiss Two
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi - Dark Lords of the Sith (First appearance)
- Timeline 10: The Exar Kun War (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Codex entry)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Essential Chronology
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- "Heritage of the Sith"—Star Wars Insider 88
- The New Essential Chronology
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi — The Sith War
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia states that the Old Sith Wars span from the beginning of the Great Sith War and the Sith Civil War.
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Book Two—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 1: Masters and Students of the Force
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 2: The Quest for the Sith
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 3: Descent to the Dark Side
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 5: Sith Secrets
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 4: Death of a Dark Jedi
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 6: Jedi Assault
In other languages
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.