The following events took place in 4056 BBY.
- The Dynamet Corporation donated a large sum of credits to the hospital Mercy General on Taris for the construction of a wing devoted to curing the rakghoul plague. The hospital was renamed Dynamet General in thanks. (Approximate date)
- Around this time, civil war broke out between the Tarisian nobility and the planet's largely alien lower class. The conflict was sparked when rising levels of toxic pollution poisoned the planet's oceans and famine swept the city-world, and the nobility began to hoard food for themselves. Though the lower classes rose up against the nobility, the rebellion was ultimately crushed after millions died in the fighting.The prisons in the upper levels ran out of space for the surplus of incarcerated citizens, and thus the practice of casting criminals to the Undercity was born. They could not return under penalty of death.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Codex entry) (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Essential Atlas confirms the Manderon Period ends in 5000 BBY, while The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia states the Old Sith Wars start with the beginning of the Great Sith War in 4000 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Book Two—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Dynamet General"
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
In other languages
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.