The following events take place in 4166 BBY.
Centuries before this year, the Mon Calamari developed an interstellar federation without any influence from the Galactic Republic. At some point they invented the cavitation hyperdrive, which allowed them to establish colonies on Ruisto, Mantan, and Hinakuu from 4400 to 4200 BBY.
The galaxy in 4166 BBYEdit
For millennia, interaction between the Republic and the Mon Calamari remained minimal, and during the latter years of the Republic, Mon Calamari Space was represented in the Galactic Senate as an Allied Region. During the time of the Galactic Empire, the Mon Calamari forced the withdrawal of an Imperial occupation force in an unprecedented uprising and covertly gave their support to the Rebel Alliance. Their shipyards' MC80 Star Cruisers proved to be an equalizing factor in the Galactic Civil War, and after the Battle of Endor, Mon Calamari Space became a founding member of the short-lived Alliance of Free Planets. The region later became an important constituency of the New Republic and the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances.
- Republic scouts made first contact with Mon Calamari starships.
- The Essential Atlas (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The Essential Atlas, p. 208
- ↑ The Essential Atlas confirms the Manderon Period ends in 5000 BBY, while The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia states the Old Sith Wars start with the beginning of the Great Sith War in 4000 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Book Two—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.