The 41st Ranger Platoon was a clone trooper infantry platoon and strike team in the 41st Elite Corps during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The platoon, which was part of the overall Grand Army of the Republic, consisted of thirty-six troopers divided into four squads.
Members of the 41st Ranger Platoon wore Phase I and later Phase II clone trooper armor and were identified by the forest camouflage and dark green color combinations on their armor. The visors on the helmets of the 41st Ranger Platoon were also green. It was composed of standard clone troopers as well as clone sharpshooters and clone trooper officers. Respectively, the soldiers of the unit were armed with DC-15A blaster carbines, Valken-38xs, DC-17 hand blasters, along with some troopers using DC-15LEs.
Behind the scenesEdit
The 41st Ranger Platoon first appeared in the video game Star Wars Battlefront II, which was originally released by Electronic Arts in 2017, but the platoon itself was only introduced into the video game as part of the "Elite Corps Update" on August 29, 2018. In this update, however, the 41st Ranger Platoon clone trooper skins for players were released as being the standard 41st Elite Corps appearance.
Later, in a customization overhaul of the clone trooper appearances, a different appearance was created for the 41st Elite Corps, and the original appearance was spun-off as the newly-created 41st Ranger Platoon in an update on February 27, 2019. Shortly prior to the update's release, the 41st Ranger Platoon was originally going to be named the 87th Rangers, but the name was changed. With that same update, the coloring scheme of of the 41st Ranger Platoon's armor was slightly modified, adding dark green shoulder armor as well as differing dark green patterns to their camouflage.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Locations establishes that a platoon in the Grand Army of the Republic contains thirty-six clone troopers divided into four squads. Since the 41st Ranger Platoon was a platoon within the Grand Army, it must have the same composition.
- ↑ Walke, Benjamin (2018-08-09). Community Transmission - Elite Corps Update. STAR WARS™ BATTLEFRONT™ FORUMS. Electronic Arts. Archived from the original on March 27, 2020. Retrieved on April 11, 2020.
- ↑ Walke, Benjamin (2019-02-12). Community Transmission - Clone Troopers. STAR WARS™ BATTLEFRONT™ FORUMS. Electronic Arts. Archived from the original on February 21, 2019. Retrieved on April 11, 2020.
- Community Transmission - Elite Corps Update — STAR WARS™ BATTLEFRONT™ (backup link)
- Community Transmission - Clone Troopers — STAR WARS™ BATTLEFRONT™ (backup link)