The 41st Elite Corps, later redesignated as the 41st Stormtrooper Legion, was a legion of elite clones in the Grand Army of the Republic, composed of many variants of troopers, including AT-RT drivers, clone scout troopers and BARC troopers. Their legion color was alternately gray or marked with green camouflage. The 41st Elite was a division out of the 9th Assault Corps, under command of Jedi General Luminara Unduli and Clone Commander Gree.
Though officially designated as the 41st Elite Corps, this battle group led by General Luminara Unduli and Clone Commander 1004 was a legion of elite clones from out of the 9th Assault Corps. The 41st Elite specialized in long patrols on alien planets, often operating in primitive and grueling conditions while forging alliances with indigenous populations. Seeing so many alien species even caused CC-1004 to become an expert on species and customs, taking on the name Gree to display his knowledge of obscure galactic species.
The methodology of the 41st Elite caused the special unit to quickly become known as specialists in hostile terrain warfare, as well as alien recruitment and counter-insurgency experts.
They maintained a large armory with gray-marked Phase II and camouflaged scout armor for jungle duty. With AT-RT drivers, clone scout troopers and BARC troopers, the 41st Elite Corps pioneered the use of AT-RTs, BARC speeders and Juggernauts, using them for reconnaissance and battles such as the Battle of Kashyyyk—where they worked in conjunction with the 442nd Siege Battalion's Infantry Support Platforms.
A year into the war, Gree and the 41st Elite participated in the Battle of Dinlo, where they became pinned down by a large number of droid forces. Jedi General Tur-Mukan led a mission to evacuate the legion from Dinlo. The 41st Elite were then granted shore leave on Coruscant, partly as cover for Kal Skirata's black ops missions, and partly as a morale booster.
One unit of the 41st Elite, Green Company, would see action on board the Republic Cruiser Tranquility when the cruiser came under attack from Separatist forces under the command of Asajj Ventress. At that time, the Tranquility carried the Viceroy of the Trade Federation, Nute Gunray, as prisoner on the ship. Ventress had been sent to either rescue Gunray or silence him, and the ensuing battle caused Green Company to lose eighteen men defending the cruiser.
In 19 BBY, the 41st Elite saw heavy action in the battle of Kashyyyk against the droid invasion force sent to seize the world. There, the clone troopers of the 41st Elite fought alongside Wookiee warriors and a small clique of Jedi to a near standstill against the Confederacy. While most of their men were transferred to Kashyyyk, a detachment of the 41st Elite was sent to assist in the Battle of Utapau.
When Palpatine initiated Order 66, Commander Gree and his soldiers promptly turned on Yoda, however Yoda sensed their intent and killed Gree and his fellow clone trooper and managed to escape with the help of Chewbacca and Tarfful.
The 41st was known to utilize AT-RT walkers, BARC speeders, and Infantry Support Platforms for anti-infantry and recon purposes, as well as AT-APs for artillery support, and HAVw A6 Juggernauts as heavy missile platforms/troop transports.
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lair of Grievous" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Weapons Factory"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic: Hidden Enemy
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel (First appearance)
- "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- Hasbro.com 
- "Han Solo: The Early Years"—Star Wars Insider 106
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Order 66 (Card: 41st Elite Corps BARC Speeders)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Order 66 (Card: 41st Elite Corps AT-RT)
- Star Wars: Sith Wars
- (First identified as 41st Stormtrooper Legion)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Order 66 (Card: 41st Elite Corps AT-RT)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Order 66 (Card: 41st Elite Corps BARC Speeders)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars PocketModel TCG: Order 66
- ↑ Republic Commando: Triple Zero
- ↑ Cloak of Darkness
- ↑ Landing at Point Rain
- ↑ Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel