- "This one old 434 unit had the most spectacular recipe for Cavaellin creams—snappy little cookies from the Cavaell system filled with exotic fruit."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
The 434 unit was a type of kitchen droid. The Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs encountered an old 434 unit that knew a recipe for Cavaellin Spice Creams—a type of cookie from the Cavaell system—that Tuggs considered spectacular. In 34 ABY, Tuggs included the recipe as well as a mention of the droid in his first cookbook, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, claiming the recipe was to die for.
Behind the scenes
In the new Star Wars canon, a 434 unit was mentioned in the 2019 cookbook Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, which was written by Chelsea Monroe-Cassel and Marc Sumerak. The droid originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it was known as the 434-FPC Personal Chef Droid and was first mentioned in Galladinium's Fantastic Technology, a 1995 supplement published by West End Games for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology