- "They took it upon themselves to make a record of Jedi history and teachings…"
- ―Palpatine, to Leia Organa Solo, on the actions of a group of Jedi around this year
600 before the Battle of Yavin (BBY) was a year in the Great Peace of the Republic. The era, having begun four hundred years earlier, featured widespread settlement into the unexplored regions of the Outer Rim Territories and the opening of the Deep Core. Around this year, Jedi Master Bodo Baas inherited the Tedryn Holocron, a Jedi teaching device.
After a thousand years of conflict between the Jedi and Sith, the New Sith Wars came to an end in 1000 BBY. The Galactic Republic narrowly escaped destruction, and Supreme Chancellor Tarsus Valorum announced the Ruusan Reformation, reorganizing the Galactic Senate and codifying the Jedi Order as a branch of the Judicial Department.
The galaxy in 600 BBYEdit
By 600 BBY, the Great Peace of the Republic, the period of time that followed the Ruusan Reformation, was nearly four hundred years in the making. The Republic continued its expansion into the Deep Core and uncharted Wild Space areas that later became part of the Outer Rim Territories.
Around 600 BBY, the Jedi Bodo Baas was one of a group of Jedi who lived and served in the Adega system and who took it upon themselves to create records of Jedi history and teachings for future Jedi to learn from. After being promoted to the rank of Jedi Master, Baas inherited a Jedi holocron and teaching device, the Tedryn Holocron.
The Great Peace of the Republic continued for nearly six hundred more years, as the Republic continued to expand. Economic forces began to shape the Republic, as companies bought star systems in the Tingel Arm and established the Corporate Sector.
In 10 ABY, the Tedryn Holocron was found by Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker's New Jedi Order. Skywalker fulfilled the prophecy of Baas's Master when he and his sister, Leia Organa Solo, defeated the ruler of the first Galactic Empire, the Dark Side Lord Palpatine.
- After becoming a Jedi Master, Bodo Baas inherited the Tedryn Holocron. (Approximate date)
- The Jedi Knight Allya was exiled to Dathomir.
- Tepasi nobles began altering the planet Christophsis to suit their mining ambitions.
- The Essential Chronology
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force, p. xix, 198
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 363 ("Great Peace of the Republic") establishes that the Great Peace of the Republic lasted between the Ruusan campaign and the beginning of the Clone Wars, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 1000 BBY and 22 BBY, respectively.
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Book Two—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Dark Empire 5: Emperor Reborn
- ↑ Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Dark Empire 5: Emperor Reborn endnotes