The 614-AvA speeder bike, also known as the Lothal Speeder Bike, was an Imperial Military speeder bike model manufactured by Aratech Repulsor Company. The Galactic Empire utilized the vehicle most notably during its occupation of Lothal.
Aratech's 614-AvA is a small, fast, lightweight speeder bike used by the Imperial Military. Designed initially as a portable, modular scout vehicle usually packed into a larger vehicle like a walker or a landspeeder, the 614-AvA is more akin to a swoop than to a full-fledged speeder bike. It consisted of little more than a combination repulsor drive-thruster pack, a control pod, and a set of variable-geometry control surfaces mounted to a pair of stout frame rails. The rails are telescopic, which allows the speeder bike to collapse to roughly a third of its full size with no need for tools. With the push of a button, the 614-AvA collapses to a cube about a meter square; this feature allowed the 614-AvA to be easily shipped in bulk.
The Imperial Army ordered tens of thousands of 614-AvAs for use by reconnaissance and military police units. For military use, the speeder bikes have some improvements, such as frame reinforcements, more powerful drive-thrusters, and a pair of light blaster cannons.
Behind the scenesEdit
The design of this speeder bike model was developed from an early illustration by concept artist Joe Johnston in 1979. The length of this vehicle is listed as 3.98 meters in the young reader's book Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head, while the official StarWars.com Databank lists the length as 4.4 meters.
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- "Eyes on the Prize"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 6
- Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Relics of the Old Republic"
- "The Line of Duty"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
- Star Wars Rebels – "Hera's Heroes"
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore
- Star Wars Rebels – "Kindred"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Assault"
- Star Wars Rebels – "DUME"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Wolves and a Door"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Family Reunion – and Farewell"
- Star Wars: Commander
- Doctor Aphra 32
- "Reigniting the Rebellion!"—Star Wars Insider 146
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First identified as 614-AvA speeder bike)
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars Rebels: Beware the Inquisitor! (Picture only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Fight the Empire
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Starships and Speeders
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Pablo Hidalgo hosting the Star Wars Rebels Panel at NYCC 2013, part 2. Speeder bike presentation at 14:20.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Starships and Speeders
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ "Reigniting the Rebellion!"—Star Wars Insider 146
- Pablo Hidalgo hosting the Star Wars Rebels Panel at NYCC 2013, part 2. Speeder bike presentation at 14:20.