- "Those 631s are not the brightest lights on the ship."
- ―A B1 battle droid on the inferior capabilities of the 631 model
The 631 model B1 battle droid was a model of B1-series battle droid used by the Separatist Droid Army during the Clone Wars. They were a more cheaply droid than the standard B1. Like other B1s, they were created by the Geonosians, had masculine programming with black photoreceptors, bone-white plating, a comlink booster pack, and stood 1.93 meters in height. However, 631s were more clumsy intellectually underpowered compared to other B1s, who regarded them as inferior.
In 22 BBY, 631 units were stationed on Skytop Station, a Separatist listening post located on the Ruusan moon. Despite the corrosive atmosphere causing issues with the 631s' systems, the station's computers gave the 631s many menial tasks that the inferior droids were able to perform. One 631 was tasked with carrying an item upstairs without dropping it, but no sooner had the droid turned around than he immediately tripped and dropped the item.
Behind the scenes
The 631 first appeared in "Duel of the Droids," the seventh episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' first season, which originally aired on November 14, 2008. Their full name of 631 model B1 battle droid was first used in the fifty-sixth issue of De Agostini's Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon magazine series, published around January 27, 2016.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 56 (Starship Fact File: Skytop Station Battlesphere) (First identified as 631 model B1 battle droid)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 56 (Starship Fact File: Skytop Station Battlesphere)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- The second issue of the De Agostini weekly magazine Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon was set to be published on January 14, 2015, according to Therefore, it can be calculated that Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 56 was published around January 27, 2016.