The 6th Sector Army was one of the Grand Army of the Republic's twenty Sector Armies that was active during the Clone Wars. The army served as a reserve command along with the preceding Sector Armies down to the 1st Sector Army. At the start of the war, the Grand Army was organized into ten Systems Armies, with each being split into two Sector Armies and drawn from a specific area of the galaxy. The Sector Armies were responsible for the defense of their specific areas. Due to the Grand Army's organization, the 6th Sector Army belonged to the same Systems Army as another Sector Army.
Similar to other Galactic Republic Sector Armies, the 6th Sector Army had one of twenty Haven-class medical stations towed to them. Being a Sector Army, the unit contained 147,456 clone troopers who were divided into four corps. Like all Sector Armies, it was attached to one of twenty numbered fleets of the Republic Navy.
Behind the scenes
The 6th Sector Army was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the eighteenth issue of the De Agostini magazine Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon, published in 2015. It first appeared in the Star Wars Legends continuity in the 1996 novel by Michael P. Kube-McDowell, Before the Storm, as the Black Sword Command. The Black Sword Command was further clarified to be the Galactic Republic's Sixth Army by the 2012 reference book The Essential Guide to Warfare by Jason Fry and Paul R. Urquhart.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 18 (Guide to the Galaxy: Sectors of the Galaxy) (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 18 (Guide to the Galaxy: Sectors of the Galaxy)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations establishes that a Sector Army of the Galactic Republic contained 147,456 clone troopers and was composed of four corps.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 89 (Starship Fact File: Space Station) establishes that each of the twenty Haven-class medical stations were towed to a Sector Army, which Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 18 (Guide to the Galaxy: Sectors of the Galaxy) also establishes numbered twenty.
- Rise of the Separatists
- Before the Storm
- The Essential Guide to Warfare