The 74-Z speeder bike was a model of speeder bike which saw service during the Clone Wars and then later used by the Galactic Empire in combat, and for reconnaissance purposes during the Galactic Civil War. They were usually piloted by scout troopers and were able to jam comlinks. The 74-Z speeder bikes had any machinery that the Empire thought unnecessary stripped off to maximize their speed. Some might call it a "death trap", but the speeder bikes' terrain sensors had a connection to a HUD in in every scout trooper's helmet, to let them know what was ahead of them.[source?]
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as 74-Z speeder bike)
- Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Legacy"