77 Squadron was a starfighter squadron that served as part of the New Republic's starfighter corps during the Galactic Civil War. Mostly consisting of X-wing starfighters, the squadron participated in the Battle of Jakku under the designation "Blue Squadron".
Battle of JakkuEdit
After receiving reports of an Imperial Star Destroyer near Jakku, Admiral Gial Ackbar sent a reconnaissance team to investigate with 77 Squadron accompanying them as a security escort. Upon emerging from hyperspace, the group quickly ran into a group of TIE fighters guarding a Star Destroyer orbiting the planet. In the skirmish that ensued, the Star Destroyer was taken out and the recon team quickly returned to base.
- Blue Leader: Unidentified X-Wing pilot
- Blue Two: Unidentified X-Wing pilot
- Blue Three: Unidentified X-Wing pilot
- Blue Four: Unidentified X-Wing pilot
- Blue Five: Unidentified X-Wing pilot
- Blue Six: Unidentified X-Wing pilot
- Blue Seven: Unidentified X-Wing pilot
Behind the scenesEdit
77 Squadron was created for Hyperspace Mountain, a Star Wars-themed overlay of the Space Mountain attraction for Disneyland's Season of the Force event and Hong Kong Disneyland's Star Wars: Tomorrowland Takeover. The Squadron takes its number from 1977, the year both Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and the Disneyland incarnation of Space Mountain first premiered. Images in the ride queue before and after the overlay depict the similarly-named "Space Station 77".
- Hyperspace Mountain (First appearance)