The 7th Sector Army was one of the Grand Army of the Republic's twenty Sector Armies active during the Clone Wars. The army served in the northern quadrant of the galaxy along with the subsequent Sector Armies up to the 12th Sector Army. At the start of the war, the Grand Army was organized into ten Systems Armies, with each being split into two Sector Armies and drawn from a specific area of the galaxy. The Sector Armies were responsible for the defense of their specific areas. As a result, the 7th Sector Army belonged to the same Systems Army as another Sector Army.
Similar to the Galactic Republic's other Sector Armies, the 7th Sector Army had one of twenty Haven-class medical stations towed to them. The unit contained 147,456 clone troopers apportioned into four corps, and comparable to other Sector Armies, it was attached to one of the twenty numbered fleets of the Republic Navy.
Behind the scenes
The 7th Sector Army was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the eighteenth issue of the De Agostini magazine Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon, published in 2015. The Seventh Army was introduced in the 2012 Star Wars Legends reference book The Essential Guide to Warfare, written by Jason Fry and Paul R. Urquhart, as the Seventh Army.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 18 (Guide to the Galaxy: Sectors of the Galaxy) (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 18 (Guide to the Galaxy: Sectors of the Galaxy)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations establishes that a Sector Army of the Galactic Republic contained 147,456 clone troopers and was composed of four corps.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 89 (Starship Fact File: Space Station) establishes that each of the twenty Haven-class medical stations were towed to a Sector Army, which Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 18 (Guide to the Galaxy: Sectors of the Galaxy) also establishes numbered twenty.
- Rise of the Separatists
- The Essential Guide to Warfare