The 7th Sky Corps was a military corps of the Grand Army of the Republic. Like other units in the Grand Army, the ranks of the 7th consisted of clone troopers that had been engineered to fight for the Galactic Republic. During the Clone Wars, the 7th was led by Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi and Marshal Commander CC-2224 "Cody." As a corps within the Grand Army of the Republic, the 7th Sky Corps consisted of 36,864 troopers divided into sixteen regiments.
- 1 History
- 2 Characteristics
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Sources
- 5 Notes and references
Christophsis and Teth
After the Clone Wars began at the First Battle of Geonosis between the Galactic Republic and the Separatist Alliance in 22 BBY, the 7th Sky Corps became part of the Grand Army of the Republic and was assigned to Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi and Marshal Commander CC-2224 "Cody." Early during the Clone Wars, members of the 7th Sky Corps were dispatched to Christophsis alongside Jedi General Anakin Skywalker's 501st Legion and fought in the Battle of Christophsis against Separatist forces, eventually emerging victorious and subsequently participating in the Battle of Teth.
Further action and Ryloth
During the Malevolence campaign, Clone Commander Cody reported that the ships under Kenobi's command were in their defensive formations. Later, Commander Cody alongside Clone Captain CT-7567 "Rex" conducted reviews of Republic Military bases when they, alongside the clone trooper survivors of Rishi Station, participated in the Defense of Rishi Station.
The 7th Sky Corps participated in the Battle of Ryloth, and were the first to secure a landing zone on the planet for the rest of Republic forces after Ghost Company of the 212th Attack Battalion, a battalion of the 7th Sky Corps, were deployed to liberate the city of Nabat. Led by Kenobi, the troops advanced through the city without use of heavy weaponry as not to decimate the town they were fighting to save. When Cody and Wooley discovered that the tactical droid commander TX-20 was holding the Twi'lek's hostage in the middle of the city, the group planned a surprise attack and eventually liberated the Nabat. After the rest of Republic forces landed, the 7th Sky Corps moved and eventually secured the Jixuan desert, bringing Ryloth's southern hemisphere under Republic control. Eventually, Ryloth was liberated from Separatist control.
Felucia and Black Stall Station
During the First Battle of Felucia, at least some members of the 7th Sky Corps, including Commander Cody and Kenobi, participated in the battle alongside the 501st Legion and the 104th Battalion, although all Republic units were forced to escape offworld. After the bounty hunter Cad Bane was captured by the Jedi Order for stealing a valuable holocron, Commander Cody accompanied Kenobi and Mace Windu to Black Stall Station and piloted a T-6 shuttle there. Although Bane managed to escape, Kenobi and Windu managed to retrieve the holocron.
Second Battle of Geonosis
Landing at Point Rain
After Senator Padmé Amidala uncovered that the Trade Federation and the InterGalactic Banking Clan were building droid factories on the planet Geonosis, the Republic dispatched a task force made up of the 7th Sky Corps, 501st Legion, 41st Elite Corps, special operations, and more units that transported and supported by ten Acclamator-class assault ships and six Venator-class Star Destroyers. The planet-wide invasion culminated in the Second Battle of Geonosis, with units of the 212th Recon Division, 501st Legion, and special ops clone troopers launching an assault on the primary droid foundry. Commander Cody devised a plan for a three-pronged attack, with General Ki-Adi-Mundi's special ops troopers coming from the north, the 7th Sky Corps' units, consisting almost entirely of ARF troopers and AT-TEs, approaching from the middle, and Skywalker's 501st Legion coming from the south, all landing at Point Rain before moving to destroy the foundry's deflector shield generator.
The 7th Sky Corps' 212th Recon Division was the first unit to launch from their assault ship, and the force consisted of LAAT/i gunships and LAAT carriers transporting AT-TEs. Skywalker's team was the next to follow, and then Mundi's special ops forces. Engaged by J-1 proton cannons, LR1K sonic cannons, and Nantex-class territorial defense starfighters, the Republic forces suffered heavy casualties, with only the 212th Recon Division reaching the rendezvous at Point Rain. Commander Cody established a perimeter with LAAT/i gunships and AT-TEs to hold their position against overwhelming Geonosian forces. During the battle, Kenobi's gunship was shot down, with Kenobi and clone trooper Trapper being the only survivors. They were eventually rescued by troopers Boil and Waxer. As the battle progressed, the 212th became more and more overwhelmed until Red Squadron — a squadron of BTL-B Y-wing starfighter/bombers — arrived for air support and Skywalker and Mundi's units arrived at Point Rain. With surviving Republic forces now linked up, another assault was launched, this time to destroy the deflector shield generator. Skywalker and a small group of his men penetrated through the shield and jammed Geonosian scanners, allowing a team of AT-TEs to move in and destroy the generator. In the aftermath, Mundi, Kenobi, and other wounded troopers were evacuated while Skywalker and his forces dealt with the destruction of the generator.
Assault on the factory
Units of the 41st Elite Corps were dispatched with General Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee to serve as reinforcements for Skywalker's assault on the primary foundry. The Republic staging area was secured by the 501st Legion, the 41st Elite Corps, and special ops troopers. During Skywalker and Unduli's attack on the factory, several members of the 212th Attack Battalion also participated, and Republic forces ultimately prevailed in destroying the factory.
In the aftermath of the main assault, the Republic undertook cleanup operations throughout the planet as well as undertaking the mission of locating Geonosian leader Archduke Poggle the Lesser. After Unduli found evidence of Poggle at the Progate Temple only to lose contact, Kenobi and Skywalker, along with members of the 212th Attack Battalion, including Gearshift and Commander Cody, traveled into the temple's catacombs. There, they encountered Queen Karina the Great and her reanimated Geonosian warriors. Eventually, Republic forces managed to rescue Unduli, capture Poggle, and kill the Geonosian queen.
As a corps within the Grand Army of the Republic, the 7th Sky Corps consisted of 36,864 troopers divided into sixteen regiments. The corps also contained multiple battalions, including the 212th Attack Battalion.The 212th Recon Division was a unit under the 212th Attack Battalion. 256 companies were part of the 7th Sky Corps, including the 212th's Ghost Company. Waxer's platoon in the 212th was one of 1,024 platoons that made up the 7th Sky Corps, and a total of 4,096 squads made up the corps. The 7th Sky Corps also contained Foxtrot Group, a unit of special forces led by Clone Captain CC-5576-39 "Gregor." The 7th Sky Corps was under the overall command of Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi and his clone officer, Marshal Commander CC-2224 "Cody," with the duo personally commanding the 212th Attack Battalion.
The standard clone troopers of the 7th Sky Corps were identified by their color scheme of orange on white clone trooper armor, and ARF troopers of the corps used orange and brown camouflage. At least one member, Crys, customized his armor with yellow on his white armor, instead of the standard orange.
The 7th Sky Corps utilized various vehicles from its arsenal. Its ground components utilized All Terrain Reconnaissance Transports, All Terrain Tactical Enforcers, and BARC speeders. Aerial components used LAAT/i gunships and LAAT carriers. Members of the 7th Sky Corps were at times stationed on Venator-class Star Destroyers such as the Negotiator, as well as Arquitens-class light cruisers.
- (First identified as 7th Sky Corps)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 25 (Helmets: Commander Cody)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 35 (Helmets: 212th Attack Battalion; Weapons & Uniforms: Ready for Action; Highlights of the Saga: Escape from Utapau) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Helmets: Commander Ponds) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – LAAT/i Gunship Expansion Pack (Card: ) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Bust Collection 1 (Star Wars Universe: Darth Vader) (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Bust Collection 2 (Star Wars Universe: Stormtroopers) (Picture only)
- (Appears in hologram)
- "The Beginning of the Clone Wars" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell" exhibits Waxer as being the platoon leader of a platoon. According to Star Wars: Complete Locations, platoons in the Grand Army of the Republic were led by a Clone Lieutenant. Therefore, Waxer must have been a lieutenant during the events of the episode.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- Star Wars Adventures: The Clone Wars – Battle Tales 1
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 2
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 3
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Dark Disciple
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Weapons Factory"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror"
- Star Wars: Complete Locations establishes that a corps in the Grand Army of the Republic contains 36,864 clone troopers divided into sixteen regiments. It also establishes that each regiment contains sixteen companies, and that each company contains four platoons. It further states that each platoon has four squads. Since the 7th Sky Corps is a corps within the Grand Army, it must also have 36,864 troopers divided into sixteen regiments, 256 companies, 1,024 platoons, and 4,096 squads.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"