8D8 was a masculine Roche Hive 8D-series smelter droid who was lobotomized and reprogrammed to assist EV-9D9, Jabba Desilijic Tiure's chief of Cyborg Operations, in terrorizing the droid pool of the Hutt crime lord's palace on the planet Tatooine. He was temporarily deactivated after his master's demise.
A masculine 8D-series smelter droid manufactured by Roche Hive, 8D8 was originally programmed to perform simple tasks in ore-extraction facilities. However, he was lobotomized and reprogrammed to serve in the droid torture chamber in Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure's palace on the planet Tatooine. He became devoted to EV-9D9, a feminine EV-series supervisor droid that served as chief of Cyborg Operations, and assisted her in terroizing the palace's droid pool to ensure they knew their place.
In the year 0 BBY, 8D8 was torturing a power droid while EV-9D9 spoke to the Trandoshan bounty hunter Bossk regarding the whereabouts of 261, a rogue Imperial astromech droid that had briefly been part of the palace's droid pool before escaping. After the Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker gifted Jabba R2-D2 and C-3PO in 4 ABY, shortly before the Battle of Endor, 8D8 was torturing a GNK-series power droid while EV-9D9 assigned the new acquisitions positions in the droid pool. He was temporarily deactivated following Jabba's demise.
A cruel industrial droid who was reprogrammed for sadism, 8D8, like most 8D-series droids, resented the more sophisticated protocol and astromech droids. A bully, he sometimes tortured other droids for his own amusement.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars Battlefront II (DLC)
- Bounty Hunt
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars Battlefront (DLC)
- Star Wars 70 (Variant cover only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as 8D8)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: Droidography
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (Picture only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ Star Wars: Droidography
- ↑ In Bounty Hunt, the Death Star's superlaser is fully operational, and Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and thus the completion of the superweapon, take place in 0 BBY. Since the Death Star was destroyed in the Battle of Yavin (Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope), it can be determined that the events of Bounty Hunt also take place in 0 BBY.
- ↑ Bounty Hunt
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 15 Details Making the Locations in Star Wars Battlefront II Feel Alive. Archived from the original on October 26, 2018. Retrieved on October 26, 2018.
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront