The 9000 Z001 landspeeder was a Ubrikkian model commonly used around the time of the Battle of Yavin. It was modified from the 9000 landspeeder, which had been aimed at Ugor customers but had flopped.
Six-point-eight meters in diameter, it carried a single pilot, two passengers, and 50 kilograms of cargo. It could be modified to sit up to six humanoids. The craft hovered up to three meters above the ground and its numerous viewports allowed its driver an excellent field of vision. While not the speediest of vehicles, able to achieve only 160 kilometers per hour, a ring of micro-thrusters around the hull granted exceptional maneuverability.
The 9000 Z001 was the predecessor of the 9000 Z004 model.
Behind the scenesEdit
This model appears to be a reference to Stanley Kubrick and his film 2001: A Space Odyssey, as noted by Pablo Hidalgo, whereas Ubrikkian was at one time spelled "Ubrickkian", and 9000 refers to HAL 9000.
The July 4, 1982 Sunday Edition of the Star Wars comic strip's scrapbook section referred to the 9000 Z001 landspeeder as a "low life droid", even though it was actually a vehicle, not an actual droid.
- Snow Job"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale webstrip
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Vision of the Future
- Star Wars: Yoda Stories
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Blueprints (as "Ubrickkian Landspeeder 9000 Z001")
- Artoo Detoo's Activity Book (as "robot")
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (as "9000 Z001")
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley (as "9000 Z001")
- Star Wars Technical Journal of the Planet Tatooine (Picture only)
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition (as "9000 Z001")
- Star Wars Technical Journal (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Ubrikkian 9000 Z001)
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded (Picture only)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations