The 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps, also referred to as 91st Recon Corps, was a clone trooper corps in the Grand Army of the Republic. During the Clone Wars, a pan-galactic conflict between the Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems, CC-8826 served as the Clone Commander of the 91st, with overall leadership given to Jedi Generals Adi Gallia, Stass Allie and Mace Windu, in turn. The 91st Recon Corps then served under the Galactic Empire.
Battle for RylothEdit
During the Clone Wars, 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps, Windu, alongside Commander "Ponds", led his forces to liberate the capital of Lessu. En route on a cliff, Windu's forces came under attack by a group of AATs.The droids were able to stop the Republic forces briefly, but were defeated by Windu's Lightning Squadron. Windu, "Stak" and "Razor" came across Syndulla and his men after they took out a droid patrol. At first, Syndulla was hesitant to join Windu due to another possible by the Republic, but when he learned that the Separatists were bombing Twi'lek villages by Hyena-class bombers, he decided to help the Republic. After destroying one of the STAPs, Windu and his two troopers then hid inside one of the MTTs. Windu then ordered Syndulla and "Ponds" to commence the attack after the bridge was on. The battle droids scanned the cargo on the bridge, and they discovered Windu and his men. After he subdued the droids, Windu pushed his troopers across the bridge as it was being turned off by the droids. As he fell, Windu was able to jump on one of the STAPs and get to other side of the bridge. Windu then held off the droids as "Stak" and "Razor" made their way to the control room. After destroying droids in control room They were then able to turn the bridge on and hold it against a few droid reinforcements, including a pair of commando droids. Syndulla and his men fought the battle droids as Windu went to capture Tambor.
Battle for MalastareEdit
The Confederacy's efforts on the planet Malastare were successful, so Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine ordered the use of an electro-proton bomb to deactivate the Separatists' droid army. The bomb worked, but had the unforeseen effect of creating a sinkhole. Windu alongside CT-411 and troopers; "Hawkeye" and "Trapper" discovered the Zillo Beast.
Crisis on EnduranceEdit
After the Battle on Malastare young Boba Fett infiltrate Windu's Venator-class Star Destroyer Endurance. Fett didn't kill Windu but he crushed the ship on planet Vanqor. Most of the crew evacuated, but Fett, with help of the Aurra Sing, Bossk and Castas, captured Admiral Kilian, Commander "Ponds" and one Naval Officer. Shortly after this "Ponds" was executed by Aurra Sing.
Battle of Patitie PattunaEdit
Later in the war Gallia's Jedi cruiser was attacked by a Separatist fleet under the command of General Grievous. Gallia and her troops battled the cyborg when he boarded her cruiser, putting up a good fight but she was ultimately defeated and captured.Later she watched as Grievous attacked a pirate ship. Gallia was soon rescued by Plo Koon, "Wolffe," and the Wolfpack; again, Grievous escaped before he could be taken into custody.
During the Clone Wars, the 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps was a clone trooper corps in the Grand Army of the Republic. In 20 BBY Clone Commander CC-8826's DUM-series pit droid, WAC-47, transferred from the 91st to Colonel Meebur Gascon's D-Squad. The droid squad later saved high-ranking members of the Republic Military echelon, including CC-8826, from a Separatist attack on the Valor space station.
Battle for AnaxesEdit
Later in the Clone Wars, the 91st Recon Corps served under the leadership of Jedi General Mace Windu in the campaign for Anaxes' shipyards. Both Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi led the combined forces of the 91st, the 501st Legion, and 212th Attack Battalion in an effort to retake the Anaxes assembly complex from the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Ultimately, they succeeded in reclaiming the facility for the Galactic Republic.
Siege of SaleucamiEdit
During the Outer Rim Sieges, the Republic deployed CC-8826 and the 91st to the planet Saleucami under General Stass Allie's command. By then Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine triggered Order 66, causing clone troopers across the galaxy to betray and kill their Jedi leaders. As a result, Allie was executed by CC-8826 and another 91st trooper while on a speeder bike patrol.
Under the EmpireEdit
The 91st Recon Corps was a corps in the Grand Army of the Republic, and as such consisted of 36,864 troopers divided into sixteen regiments.The 91st Recon Corps was led by Jedi Generals Adi Gallia, Stass Allie and Mace Windu. Clone Commander CC-8826 "Neyo" served as the clone commander after CT-411 "Ponds" death.
The 91st Recon Corps standard clone troopers of the corps had deep red markings and characteristic mark on their armor. Standard clone troopers made use of the phase I clone trooper armor, ARF trooper armor and later phase II clone trooper armor and phase II BARC trooper armor. Soldiers of the 91st Recon Corps were typically equipped with DC-15 blaster rifles and DC-15A blasters.
The 91st Recon Corps used a variety of vehicles. The corps' aerial component consisted of LAAT/i gunships. Ground vehicles consisted of walkers such as All Terrain Tactical Enforcers, All Terrain Recon Transport and BARC speeders. At times, members of the 91st Recon Corps were present aboard Venator-class Star Destroyer Endurance.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (DLC)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gathering" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Sunny Day in the Void"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 1 (First identified as 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Clone Trooper: 91st Reconnaissance Corps (★★★) (link))
- (First identified as 91st Recon Corps)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 7.7 7.8 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Clone Trooper: 91st Reconnaissance Corps (★★★) (link))
- ↑ Star Wars Helmet Collection 1
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"