The 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps, also known as the 91st Reconnaissance Corps was a corps of recon troopers in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Comprising divisions of clone troopers, BARC troopers, and ARF troopers the 91st Reconnaissance Corps was led by Clone Commander Ponds and later by Clone marshal commander Neyo. Aside from BARC speeders, the corps utilized AT-TE, AT-AP walkers, and AT-RT walkers. The elite cavalry unit Lightning Squadron was part of the 91st Reconnaissance Corps.
The identifying marks of the 91st were small red circles with a white sword pointing upside down running across them. To protect their commander, 91st's lieutenants wore, like Neyo, a specialized helmet very similar to those of clone assassins that gave them a more sinister look.
History[edit | edit source]
Commander Neyo's troops were part of the multi-division task force led by Jedi General Oppo Rancisis on Saleucami during the Outer Rim Sieges. Elements of the 91st Reconnaissance Corps fought in the ensuing battle, and remained planetside in the aftermath to scout out remaining pockets of Separatist or Morgukai resistance.
Commander Neyo and his Recon Corps were led by Jedi Master Stass Allie during their patrols of the Saleucami plains. After receiving Order 66 from Emperor Palpatine, Neyo and his men turned on their Jedi General, Stass Allie. Neyo and his wingman, CT-3423, opened fire on Allie's speeder bike, killing her in the resulting explosion.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Many Australian Star Wars fans have nicknamed the 91st Reconnaissance Corps clones as the "Australia Post troopers" due to the strong similarity between the design and color of their armor markings and the logo of the national postal service of Australia (where Revenge of the Sith was filmed).
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gathering" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Republic 79: Into the Unknown, Part 1
- Dark Times 6: Parallels, Part 1
Sources[edit | edit source]
- "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Order 66 (Card: 91st Recon Corps AT-RT)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Order 66 (Card: 91st Recon Corps BARC Speeders)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Order 66 (Card: 91st Recon Corps AT-AP)
- Galaxy at War
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 19 (NEY1–4, Commander Neyo)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 25 (19 BBY 38, Operation: Knightfall) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide (First identified as 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps)