The A-1 Deluxe Floater, also known simply as the A-1 landspeeder, was a cheap, basic landspeeder, that featured automated steering and fine Corellian leather. It was first produced by Mobquet Swoops and Speeders in the months prior to the Clone Wars.
The Mobquet A-1 Deluxe floater was a capsule-shaped, yellow-hulled landspeeder with a pod-like cockpit seating a pilot and passenger in single file. The speeder's six external RS-J24 thruster engine modules propelled the A-1 at speeds of around 160 kilometers per hour. A series of inlet ports on the rounded nose drew in air to cool the engines, but the A-1 suffered from insulation problems, noise pollution and the risk of exterior odors filtering into the cockpit.
The 7.1-meter-long Deluxe floater was affordable at 6,500 credits, but lacked any kind of amenities and was considered to be a very basic speeder—though perfect for Outer Rim Territories worlds or the youthful speeder customization crowd in the Core.
- A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale webstrip
- A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Tatooine Manhunt
- Mission to Lianna
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (As "Mobquet Deluxe")
- Star Wars Blueprints (As "Mobquet Landspeeder")
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition (As "Mobquet Deluxe")
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Mobquet A-1 Deluxe Floater)
- "Pick a Card, Any Card: Making Movie Magic at Decipher, Inc."—Star Wars Insider 31
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded (as Deluxe landspeeder)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- (First identified as A-1 Deluxe Floater)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Nightsister's Revenge (Card: A1 Deluxe Floater)