- "Last night, 60 Arakyd AAD-4 assault droids entered Viper Tower just prior to the end of the business day quickly eliminating ground-floor security units."
- ―"Sensor Technology Dispute Settled in Takeover"
The AAD-4 was a line of assault droids manufactured by Arakyd Industries. Hulking, humanoid fourth-degree droids strong enough to lift a Vulptereen off the ground by their neck, they had bronze plating and were equipped with a pair of black photoreceptors. Shortly before the outbreak of the Clone Wars in the year 22 BBY, Arakyd sent sixty AAD-4 assault droids into Viper Tower, headquarters of Viper Sensor Intelligence Systems, during its hostile corporate takeover of VSIS, which quickly eliminated its ground floor security units. A garrison remained in order to assist with the transition.
Behind the scenesEdit
The AAD-4 assault droid was originally created for HoloNet News Vol. 531 50, a 2002 HoloNet News article written by Pablo Hidalgo and Paul Ens with illustrations by Joe Corroney. Its design was derived from early droideka concept art developed by Doug Chiang for the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace.
- (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 According to The New Essential Guide to Droids, battle droids are classified as fourth-degree droids.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 4 ("AAD-4")
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace