The ASN courier droid was a model of courier droid. A modified ASN known as ASN-121 was used by the bounty hunter Zam Wesell during her attempt to assassinate Senator Padmé Amidala. Wesell programmed the droid to deliver two poisonous kouhuns to Amidala's room, but the creatures were killed by the Senator's Jedi guardian Anakin Skywalker. Skywalker's master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, then grabbed onto the droid in the hopes it would return to its owner, but before the courier could reach Wesell, the bounty hunter shot it with her sniper rifle.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
ASN courier droids first appeared in the 2002 canon Star Wars film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. They were first identified in the 2015 reference book Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know written by Adam Bray, Kerrie Dougherty, Cole Horton, and Michael Kogge.
Although Absolutely Everything You Need to Know gave the ASN courier droid's height as 0.3 meters, the 2020 reference book Star Wars: Extraordinary Droids by Simon Beecroft stated they were 0.38 meters.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as ASN courier droid)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as ASN-121 assassin/sentry droid)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- (First identified as ASN-121 assassin droid)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 39 (Helmets: Zam Wesell)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Star Wars: Extraordinary Droids