The model was able to carry communications cylinders in a frontal tool chuck.
The Clawdite assassin Zam Wesell used ASN-121, a modified ASN droid made by the Malkite Poisoners, to serve as her personal assassin droid. The droid would be used in an attempt to kill Senator Padmé Amidala on Coruscant prior to the Clone Wars. ASN-121 was carrying two Kouhuns in an attempt to silently assassinate the senator. The plot was foiled by Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, however.
Behind the scenes
Aside from ASN-121, several ASN models appeared as enemies in the GBA adaptation of Attack of the Clones, where they occasionally appeared and dropped grenades.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
- Jango Fett: Bounty Hunter
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones unabridged audiobook
- Star Wars: Episode II — Attack of the Clones comic
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novelization
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Movie Storybook
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones GBA game
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Sharpshooter
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: Crisis on Coruscant
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Illustrated Companion
- Star Wars Insider 60
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 43 (ASN1-2, ASN-121 Assassin Droid)
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia