The ASP general purpose droid, also known as the ASP-7 droid or ASP droid, was an agile model of labor droid that was used to perform manual tasks throughout the galaxy. They were easily programmed and equipped with magnetized feet, clawed hands, and voice synthesizers.
Behind the scenesEdit
The ASP general purpose droid first appeared in Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, a 1996 Star Wars Legends multimedia project, where it was known as the ASP-series droid. The model, but not its name, became canon when it appeared in the 1997 special edition re-release of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. It was eventually identified as the ASP general purpose droid in K0-5D's entry in the now-discontinued Encyclopedia, providing it with a canon name.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (Faceplate only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 5 (Faceplate only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance) (Introduced in Special Edition)
- "Turning Point"—Star Wars Insider 169
- "Hare-Brained Heist"—Star Wars Adventures Annual 2019
- (First identified as ASP general purpose droid)
- Star Wars: Card Trader (as "ASP-Series Droid")
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (as "ASP-7 droid")
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: Droidography
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- (as "ASP droid")