AT-AT pilots, also known as AT-AT Drivers, were Imperial combat drivers specialized in operating the Imperial Army's AT-AT walkers. Operating in groups of two, they operated the walker's driving and firing controls, and were, in certain cases, overseen by a commander who also occupied the walkers cockpit.
Training[edit | edit source]
Uniform and equipment[edit | edit source]
AT-AT pilots wore specialized insulated suits on frozen planets such as Hoth. These suits were designed to protect their wearer if their AT-ATs pressurized cockpit was compromised, along with the AT-ATs lack of climate control. Pilots wore an all-white insulated jumpsuit along with white boots and driving gauntlets. Along with sporting a reinforced helmet and life-support pack on their chest, pilots also had a standard blaster pistol, thermal detonators and grenades for potential ground-based encounters.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars Rebels – "Relics of the Old Republic"
- "Vulnerable Areas"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 17
- Star Wars Rebels – "A Princess on Lothal"
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Jedi Night"
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Darth Vader - Might of the Empire"
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker (Mentioned only)
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy (First identified as AT-AT driver)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Helmets: AT-AT Pilot; Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 25 (Databank A-Z: Hydroid Medusas–Imperial Academies)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 29 (Helmets: In Pictures) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
- (First identified as AT-AT pilot)
- (First identified as AT-AT walker pilot)