"Get him off of there!"
- ―Blanaid and Newland, upon spotting an Ewok assailant
Training[edit | edit source]
Largely pulled from the human species, two AT-ST pilots were trained to be primarily responsible for keeping an AT-ST walker moving at speed through uneven terrain, utilizing its offensive capabilities for reconnaissance and anti-personnel hunting missions.
Uniform and equipment[edit | edit source]
AT-ST pilots wore one-piece light grey jumpsuits with basic armor plating underneath and Imperial crests on both shoulders. The drivers' feet were protected by a pair of calf-high black boots, and their hands by fire-resistant black gauntlets. The belt that came with the jumpsuit was made of a black, leather-like material, with a metallic buckle featuring an identity disk.
AT-ST pilots wore a field grey open-face helmet consisting of a dome with a rim and a helmet skirt. Identity disks were positioned on both sides of the skirt, and a telemetry receiver unit was attached to the right side of the dome, aligned to the rim. A black trim covered the edge of the skirt and the forehead of the dome. A black chin strap helped holding the helmet in place. A pair of blast goggles that had a square-like frame with angled sides and dark lenses protected the driver's eyes.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Doctor Aphra 3
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Darth Vader - Might of the Empire"
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy (First identified as AT-ST driver)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 14 (Helmets: AT-ST Pilot; Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 6 (Building the Galaxy: Filming R2-D2, Part 3)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition